I don't know if this is the correct place to put this. If it's not would some kind soul let me know where I should ask this?
Is there a way to set up an email group on lds.org where leaders could send messages to the group (eg. youth parents) about upcoming activities?
And/or can all of the youth and/or parents be set up to receive email messages when activities on the calendar are added, deleted or change?
Can the new newsletter feature be pushed to a certain group or the entire ward?
- On the wiki, this is as good a place as any. But a much better place to ask questions is on the LDSTech Forum; that site gets much more traffic, and the forum is designed for questions and answers much better than the wiki.
- All these topics have been discussed on the forum. Here are some quick responses, but I'd recommend that you search the forum for existing discussions and/or post your questions there to get more complete answers:
- You can't set up email groups on LDS.org. There are some predefined groups, both on the Directory, and using the Send a Message feature on Leader and Clerk Resources, but you can't customize those groups or add new groups.
- For the calendar, people can be notified of any changes to a calendar they have subscribed to. For that to happen, they have to subscribe to the calendar, make sure they have chosen to receive notifications for that calendar, and the person making the change has to choose to send a notification for that change.
- The Newsletter does not currently have any notification features. That's in the plans for the future, but we haven't heard any specific road map for delivering such enhancements.
- -- Aebrown (talk) 09:44, 11 August 2012 (MDT)