Gospel Library support pages
I think you're a bit confused about what I did and my explanation. You have created a bit of a mess, and I was trying to help you straighten it out, but you just created the mess again. On a wiki, when a SysOp has done something, it's poor form to just undo that action without discussing it first, particularly when I explicitly asked you to discuss it and gain a consensus first.
I'm happy to work with you, but please try to work with me and not against me. So I'll try to explain the problems as they now exist:
- There is an existing page called Gospel Library support, yet you have created a page called Gospel Library Support. It is very confusing for users to have two pages that differ only in capitalization. That situation cannot continue.
- The Gospel Library Support title does not conform with the Guidelines. "Gospel Library" is the name of an application, and so is a proper noun and should be capitalized, but "support" is just a common noun. According to the guidelines, "support" should not be capitalized.
- You left a comment on Talk:Gospel Library support, asking people not to "delete this redirect page." Since that is not a redirect page, and the associated article Gospel Library support (note the small "s") is not a redirect page, either, so that comment is in the wrong place and thus very confusing. I think you intended to put it on Talk:Gospel Library Support. The fact that you got confused and put your comment on the wrong page is I hope some good evidence why we can't have those two pages existing in parallel.
- The existing Gospel Library support page has useful content. I don't have a particular opinion as to whether that content needs to change -- I'd leave that up to those working on Gospel Library -- but you should not be simply ignoring that content.
I'll give you 24 hours to respond to this, and then I'll clean up the mess if you don't respond within that time. Please do not attempt to clean up the mess yourself until we discuss it and I agree with your plan. -- Aebrown 01:43, 11 March 2011 (UTC)
- Well, an entire month has passed, with no response from you, and no action. So I have deleted the nonstandard redirect page "Gospel Library Support" and removed your comment from the Talk:Gospel Library support page (since it is not connected to the page you intended, as I explained above). If you have constructive suggestions as to how to meet your desires without going against the guidelines, feel free to discuss them -- before taking any action. You may discuss them here, or on my talk page, or send me email (which you can do via my user page. Thanks for your understanding. Oh, and by the way, you can make yourself easier to contact by including contact information on your user page, or if you don't want to do that, at least enable email in your profile so that people can send you email via your user page. -- Aebrown 02:11, 12 April 2011 (UTC)
- Upon further reflection, I decided that it could be helpful to have a "Gospel Library Support" redirect to the existing Gospel Library support page, in case there are existing external links to that page that don't use the correct capitalization. So I added such a redirect page. With that helpful redirect in place, any desired content changes can be made to the Gospel Library support page. -- Aebrown 06:03, 12 April 2011 (UTC)