Unit Action List
Unit Action Lists are monthly reports that detail the non-quality items that financial clerks need to resolve. As a rule of thumb any items listed that are more than a month old need to be researched and resolved. The following sections detail the steps to clear these items.
Note: These reports are produced by LURBS and are only used outside of North America.
Donations reported not banked or unequal to deposit
- Compare with Deposits made not reported or not equal to what has been reported and find out the amount of the difference.
- Get the donors' donation slips for the week in question and compare line by line with what has been reported to find any differences.
- If you find the difference make the needed correction in MLS or report the correction on a Weekly Financial Report and send it into the admin office.
If you can not find a difference then:
- Compare what has been reported with the Deposit Slip (Paying in book) checking the deposit slip for any calculation errors.
- If necessary contact the bank where the deposit was made to discuss the differences and to strive for reconciliation. Some times there has been a bank error and an adjustment can be made by the bank.
- Notify the admin office of the results and the action taken.
Donations banked not reported or unequal to report
- Compare with Donations reported not banked or unequal to what has been banked and find out the amount of the difference and adjust as above instruction.
If there is nothing reported then:
- Send a copy of the weekly report either the old paper report or if on MLS a computer printout that shows the donors and donations so these can be entered or re-entered at the admin office.
Cheques reported not cashed or unequal to bank data
- Compare with Cheques cashed but not reported or not equal to what has been reported.
- If the cheque has been reported different to amount cashed send in the correction on a weekly financial report.
- If the Cheque needs to be cancelled then enter on a weekly financial report and send into the office so that these can be entered or re-entered at the admin office.
Cheques cashed not reported or unequal to report
- Compare with Cheques reported not cashed or not equal to amount cashed. If the cheque has been reported different to amount cashed send in the correction on a weekly financial report.
- If the cheque(s) has not been reported or is not on your computer either enter on your computer and/ send by computer and computer paper copy or enter on a weekly financial report and send to the office so that these can be checked and if necessary entered or re-entered at the admin office.