Team Foundation Server Test Tools
This article contains a list of links to useful blogs, articles, training videos, and websites for becoming familiar with the Test Tools available in Visual Studio 2010 and Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2010.
- Running Coded UI Tests on Remote Agents
- Microsoft Test Manager Tips and Tricks
- How to Run Automated Tests from a Command-Line using TCM.exe
SORT TFS Test Tools Presentations
- Entire SORT presentation on 2010 .NET Test Tools (Audio and Slides 42:35)
- Entire SORT presentation on 2010 .NET Test Tools (Slides only)
- Using the ICS TFS Web Client (SORT video 2:43)
- Description of Lab Center (SORT video 1:27)
- Test Plans and Test Suites (SORT video 4:26)
- Running a Manual Test in Test Runner (SORT video 7:47)
- Entering a Bug from Test Runner (SORT video 1:35)
- Creating a Coded UI Test (SORT video 6:27)
- Data-driven Automated Test (SORT video 9:11)
- TFS Reports using Excel - this is the "How to" video that shows step by step instructions with a demo of how to create TFS Reports using Excel.
- TFS Reports in Excel - this article shows step by step instructions with screenshots of how to create TFS Reports in Excel and post them to the SharePoint Dashboard.
- TFS Reports using SSRS - this article shows step by step instructions with screenshots of how to create TFS Reports using SSRS and post them to the Reporting Site and the SharePoint Dashboard.
- What's new overview in TFS 2010
- Tour of Visual Studio Test Professional 2010
- List of blog posts about .NET Testing Tools
- Guidance on creating Test Plans and Suites
- Categorized list of Test Tools and information links (includes training videos)
- Essential Guide for Running Automated Tests from a Test Plan
- Running Automated tests in different ways
- Screenshot Image comparisons
- Data-driven Tests (video)
- Running Unit Tests in Parallel
- TFS Reporting Overview - this is the best starting place for creating TFS Reports.
- Reporting Field Descriptions - this site describes what the various reporting measurements mean.
- Creating New TFS Reports - this Microsoft page gives a lot of good information about creating reports using TFS data.
- Customizing out-of-the-box reports - this Microsoft page shows how to customize the out-of-the-box reports that are generated by TFS.
- Six part blog on TFS Reporting and Dashboards
Please feel free to add to this list if you find a great blog or site that is not listed here.