Merging with MLS FAQ page
In looking at this page more and more, I am feeling that we should merge the information with the MLS Frequently Asked Questions page and format it out the same. I feel that the questions can be answered in a one or two line sentence and then capitalize and link to pages with more complete information. Thoughts? -- Calebpusey 16:06, 25 August 2009
- I agree. Back on 22 April, the original Troubleshooting MLS page was moved to Troubleshooting MLS transmission problems and this page was created. But even then, there was no clear distinction between this page and MLS Frequently Asked Questions. Several questions in the FAQ deal with troubleshooting problems (we even link to one of them from this page). I think it's best to:
- Retain the Troubleshooting MLS transmission problems article, since it is extensive and specific
- Have just the one FAQ page (by merging this page into the FAQ)
- As the FAQ page gets large, consider which of the questions are best moved into their own articles or existing articles.
- -- Aebrown 15:16, 26 August 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you so much for the information, I will merge the two pages. --Caleb 17:22, 26 August 2009 (UTC)
Where should this redirect?
Because of some odd history of these pages, we have the current situation for redirects:
- MLS Troubleshooting redirects to Troubleshooting MLS transmission problems
- Troubleshooting MLS redirects to MLS Frequently Asked Questions
That seems quite odd to me -- the two terms are synonymous, but redirect to different pages. The most recent page move created the second redirect. I would vote that we have both of them go to the FAQ, which links to Troubleshooting MLS transmission problems in the very first answer. -- Aebrown 05:49, 27 August 2009 (UTC)