Talk:Temple recommends (MLS)
In the second paragraph under Temple Entry System (TES) the grammar in this sentence doesn't seem right, it reads
"If a stake president wants the executive secretary to have access the TES"
"If a stake president wants the executive secretary to have access to the TES"
"If a stake president wants the executive secretary to access the TES"
"If a stake president wants the executive secretary to be able to access the TES"
-- 16:11, 1 July 2009 Kd7mha
- Thanks for noting the problem. However, in the future, the simplest way to address an obvious typo is just to fix the problem yourself. It's much easier, and it fixes the problem immediately for everyone, rather than leaving the article still with the error, hoping someone else will straighten it out. Also, I deleted the page you created to note the problem; that's definitely not the way to point it out. Creating a discussion page (as you also did) is the way to do it. -- Aebrown 01:52, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
- Just to clairfy, he actually made the typo correction once but it was undone by another user's edits. I think he might have been unsure about correcting again, especially since it was a Church employee that had (I think unintentionally) undone his edit. Thanks for cleaning up the extra page, though. I was hoping you would do that. :) -- Mike Murray 03:37, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
- I guess I didn't look closely enough at the entire history. Thanks for clearing up the mystery. I'm not sure why lindsayre would have undone that simple change, since his edit was over 5 hours later, but you're right that that is exactly what happened. So that makes Kd7mha's hesitance to make the change again more understandable. -- Aebrown 11:47, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
- I wonder if Lindsayre saw your edits earlier that morning and decided a few more things needed to be clarified or edited. Perhaps he then began a few edits but decided he better double-check his info and left the screen up for a few hours (I know I've done that before here on the wiki and the forums). In the meantime, Kd7mha made his typo correction. But this also would mean that Lindsayre would have gotten the Merge Screen and either disregarded it by submitting anyway, or had trouble finding the difference (since it was such a minor typo correction). The reason I have this theory is because you're right, it doesn't make sense to just simply undo the typo correction. But if you notice Lindsayre's edit included more than undoing the typo but actually modifying other parts of the paragraph. My theory may or may not be likely, but it's the only thing I can think of to explain the whole thing. -- Mike Murray 13:17, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
Assistant stake clerk access
Is it still true that an assistant stake clerk cannot access TES? Lindsayre 23:12, 13 July 2010 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, that is correct. I am an assistant stake clerk, and I just checked again. It seems strange that I can do all those temple recommend activation and cancellation features in MLS but am not allowed to do so online. Oh, well. -- Aebrown 23:19, 13 July 2010 (UTC)