Talk:Missionary Recommendation System
Does this application use LDS Account?
A recent change to the login section of this article specifies that the missionary recommendation system uses LDS Account. I don't believe that is correct. I have always used my NetID login. My LDS Account login does not work. When I click the Obtain an Account link, I go to the page where a NetID is issued -- not to LDS Account. So at this point I can only think that the change was incorrectly done. I imagine there is a plan to move to LDS Account at some point, but I see no evidence that it has happened yet. This needs to be changed back, unless I'm really missing something.
Also, it's a minor thing, but the URL that used to be in the article (www.lds.org/mss) is the URL the Church originally published, is easier to remember, and still works. Why make it more complex by using the https://apps.lds.org/mss address? The only reason I could see for using the more complex URL is if for some reason the old one will be phased out. -- Aebrown 14:42, 7 April 2009 (UTC)
- I just looked at the Quick Start guide and noticed two points that correspond to my two points above. First, it does refer to LDS Account several times, but that doesn't make it correct -- I still see no evidence that it really uses LDS Account. Also, the URL used in the Quick Start guide is indeed the simple www.lds.org/mss URL, which lends support to my second point. -- Aebrown 14:46, 7 April 2009 (UTC)
- I just checked with the Missionary Department and effective 21 April 2009 LDS Accounts will be required to log in. That's two weeks. Maybe we should just add a note that until 21 April NetID will be used to log in. In addition, we were told by someone in ICS that we should use the secure URL in our references. They didn't give us a reason, but they have made the change in other Web applications we use at HQ. Users can just bookmark the URL so it's no problem remembering it. Petersenga 15:34, 7 April 2009 (UTC)
- The Missionary Recommendation System still uses NetID, so the change to LDS Account anticipated for 21 April did not happen on schedule. Is this coming soon? The text still refers to LDS Account, which is incorrect at this point in time. I have edited the text to reflect the current state and the anticipated change. When the change does finally occur, we will need to update the article in both the login area and the "Forgot Password" area, and also in the Login Credentials article. -- Aebrown 13:50, 26 April 2009 (UTC)
- According to the Missionary Department the change to LDS Accounts for the Missionary Recommendation System occurred today, 28 April 2009.Petersenga 19:15, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
- Indeed this is true. I have edited the text to reflect the LDS Account login. Thanks for the prompt notice! -- Aebrown 19:39, 28 April 2009 (UTC)