Talk:LDS Tools for webOS
Release 0.2.0 ... is the first release where a user can get their stakes family and member directories from lds.org. --Limpha 05:02, 27 July 2010 (UTC)
- I moved this release information to the main article. It's not really a topic of discussion, but is rather some very useful project information. All the other projects put release information on actual article pages. -- Aebrown 05:50, 27 July 2010 (UTC)
Any way to get a working version without having to compile it?
I would love to help with testing out this app but unfortunately have had zero luck compiling it myself. Any way we can get a beta version out there to test, perhaps through the Palm Beta Catalog or just as an IPK that can be downloaded? -- Twhayne 23:44, 26 August 2010 (UTC)
- Update: We will package up the next stable release as an idk and put it on the main page. --Limpha 12:11, 4 September 2010 (UTC)
- Update: I added a link to version 0.4.5 and am hosting it on my personal server. --Ron Snyder 01:43 5 October 2010 (UTC)
App doesn't do much
Just tried doing it myself (worked fine compiling Gospel Library back in the day) and the app doesn't yet do much. Didn't even identify my ward correctly. ~Roneyii 5:53, 4 September 2010 (UTC)
- Update: Tried on device and in emulator; won't load my info or sample info. Will accept user error in compiling package. ~Roneyii 7:00, 4 September 2010 (UTC)
- Update 2: We have identified the problem and it should be fixed later today.--Limpha 12:11, 4 September 2010 (UTC)
- Update 3: Bug has been fixed and checked in, along with other bug fixes. This is version 0.4.5. --Limpha 04:42, 5 September 2010 (UTC)
Anxiously awaiting release of beta compiled .ipk file
Due to the smaller webos market share of OS's, there is nothing like this that I've been able to find. While functionality in this appears more robust, at least Android & iPhone's at least have ability to get ward membership data through apps. Nothing for webos however, so thanks for the attention to this, am anxiously awaiting a compiled version. --Jared.booth 01:07, 20 September 2010 (UTC)
- I too am waiting for this for the WebOS, have it working on the iTouch, like it on my phone too. This is a great tool. Great to see the Church making tools like this. -- Dbezzant 04:55, 27 September 2010 (UTC)
Thank you to the individual who posted/hosted the link for the 0.4.5 compiled .ipk. Great app & potential. A few items noted:
- My personal primary interest is to have student/singles ward contact info - I have a home/family ward, but am also in a University Stake Bishopric. This type of app would be extremely helpful to have updated membership info for that more transient type of singles/student environment. However the app doesn't pull the student ward stake info down, only home stake. Yet lds.org website login defaults to student/singles ward. Is there a method to choose between stakes in LDS Tools as on lds.org website? Or to get student ward/stake data.
- Need to close & restart app after downloading stake data in order to populate fields, FYI.
- calendar info doesn't download, (this feature will be fantastic once it is working).
Thanks. -- Jared.booth 09:44, 2 December 2010 (UTC)
What's the design decision behind using a checkbox for "Add to contacts"? The checkbox has been unreliable for me. Seems like a button is the logical UI choice there. --Leadtrumpetdave 00:10, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
Are there any future plans for HP Touchpad support beyond running in the "mojo emulator window"? --Leadtrumpetdave 00:10, 14 August 2011 (UTC)
I too would like to see TouchPad support. Thanks so much for all the great apps!