Talk:LDS Maps help/en
I'd like to break this content up into various pages. It's too long. I can link the pages in a sidebar on the right so that users can easily navigate from one page to another. Are you all right with me making this adjustment? I would need to make the update across the translated pages as well, but since I would be breaking up the pages based on the heading levels, it won't be confusing --Tom Johnson 00:47, 14 November 2011 (UTC)
- I agree that the page is too long, but I think you're underestimating the language impacts. For example:
- You can't just use the section headings as article titles, since titles like "Print" or "Getting Started" clearly are too generic for LDS Maps articles. So you'd have to get all those proposed new article titles translated.
- You'd have to create a new Other Languages template for each new article (that's not too hard, but it is a detail to be taken care of).
- There are intrapage links that would have to be fixed up (although I noticed that some of the translations have notes at the top that say that links are still coming in the future).
- But if you're aware of all that and want to do it, I have no problem with it. It just sounds rather tricky for the translated pages if you don't speak the language. -- Aebrown 04:10, 14 November 2011 (UTC)
The links don't seem to be working to see when a ward meets. Can someone fix this please!! Thanks!! -- Pbartschi 22:52, 22 February 2012 (UTC)
- This is not the place to report problems with the software. This is page is for discussing the content of the associated page. You'll get a much better response if you post questions like yours on the LDSTech Forum (specifically in the Maps section). When you post there, please give more details as to what links you are talking about; I just tried this and the meeting times displayed just fine for me, so you must be looking at something other than the simple popup for a meetinghouse. -- Aebrown 23:30, 22 February 2012 (UTC)
I am a Stake Clerk, and I used to have the functionality quoted below a few weeks ago, but after the recent LDS Maps update, I can't do so. Also, the info and pictures in this article appear to be related to the old LDS Maps. Is there a way to access the old version?
" View stake and ward boundaries of their stake. View stake and ward boundaries in stakes worldwide if this option is selected on the legend. View leader contact information of most wards and stakes worldwide.