Talk:LDS Maps English Help
Duplication of printing help
The current version of this article includes help about printing in two places. I suggest it would be better to merge the information into one section. --Steve 13:58, 22 May 2010 (UTC)
- Good catch. This obviously needs to be fixed, but since the English and Spanish pages have been protected, I think I'll leave the corrections to Tullisda. I would note that some of the foreign language versions have the same problem with duplicating that section.
- Another issue that someone might want to review is that the different translations don't have the same structure. I would have thought that they would naturally have all the same headings and subheadings, just translated into different languages. But that is not at all the case. For maintenance purposes, it would be good to use the same structure.
- Also, the Japanese version is in HTML; it doesn't use wikitext.
- Finally, all the translated pages (except English) contain a div at the top for the navigation box. This should clearly be using a template. I would be happy to turn this into a template, but again, the fact that a couple of these pages have been protected makes we wonder if I should keep my hands off, since everyone else is prevented from editing right now. -- Aebrown 20:56, 22 May 2010 (UTC)
- Keep the suggestions coming. I'm be working on the English help file and will send it to Editing at CHQ for review in about a month. The final English version will go back to the Translation group for translation. At that point, I'll have to put it into wiki format. We have locked down the non-English versions until we can identify administrators who can monitor any changes. -- Tullisda