Stack Selenium Introduction
This training covers how to integrate with the Stack Selenium module in the Java Stack.
- 1 Prerequisites
- 2 Video Notes
- 3 Slide Deck
- 4 Section 1: Introduction to WebDriver and Stack Selenium
- 5 Section 2: Driver Selection and Management
- 6 Section 3: Using Multiple Drivers, Selenium Grid, and Handling WebDriver gotchas
- Current release of the LDSTech IDE, or an IDE you are familiar with
- Java JDK 1.6+
- Unit Testing with TestNG
- Integration Testing and Test Data Builders
- Test Doubles, Mocks, and Matchers (recommended)
- Functional Testing with the Java Stack Test Runner (recommended)
- The videos are currently only available internally. They should be published externally soon.
- To view the videos in Google Chrome, you will need to download them to your computer by right-clicking the link and selecting "Save link as...".
Section 1: Introduction to WebDriver and Stack Selenium
- Download the training project template
- Unzip the artifact where you typically keep training or other projects
- The webdriver-training/webdriver directory should be the root of your project. There a variety of ways to open this, depending on your IDE:
- For LDS Tech IDE, open the webdriver-training folder as a workspace in your LDS Tech IDE, and then import webdriver-training/webdriver as the root directory.
- NOTE: there are four Maven modules in the project. Please import all four if you would like to see example code from the training. The work you will be doing for the labs is in the labs module.
- For this first lab, you will be configuring a test class to use the Stack Selenium module. The class to modify is org.lds.stack.training.webdriver.Lab1FT. I have partially completed the test code. Each item that you need to do in order to complete the lab is marked with a TODO comment. I recommend completing them in sequential order.
- The first comment prompts you to extend the correct test class. Try to figure this out yourself. If you get stuck, refer to the hints at the bottom of the file.
- There is a total of five items to modify in the class. Refer to the slide deck if you get stuck. Remember to run the test to verify that its is actually working now.
Lab 1 Solution
Section 2: Driver Selection and Management
- For this lab, you will be modifying a test class to use custom driver configurations. Additionally, you will be experimenting with the test annotations introduced in the last section. The class to modify is org.lds.stack.training.webdriver.Lab2FT. As in the prior lab, all changes are marked with TODO comments, and it is best to complete them in order.
- There are eleven(!) items to complete in this lab. Use the instructions in the TODO comments, along with the slide deck, to determine how best to complete the test class. If you get stuck, refer to the hints at the bottom of the class.
Lab 2 Solution
Section 3: Using Multiple Drivers, Selenium Grid, and Handling WebDriver gotchas