The following tasks require a special request:
- When a new marriage needs to be recorded for a member, and a deceased spouse still shows as the current spouse.
- When a child was recorded as the spouse, instead of the spouse.
- When a marriage to the incorrect person is recorded on the record.
- When a child is delivered stillborn.
- When changes need to be made to linked records.
- When there is a need to combine records that have been duplicated or when there is a need to delete a duplicate record. A special request to remove a duplicate record can only be done for membership records that have ordinances. If there are no ordinances on the record, simply use the MLS Cancel Member Record feature.
- When a priesthood leader needs to place move restrictions on records.
- When changes need to be made to members who are not accountable.
To submit a special request:
- In the membership records section of MLS, select Special Requests.
- Click View and Update more...
- Under the heading Other Record Changes, select a member of the unit from the list.
- In the space provided, enter the details of the issue and request the necessary action.
- Click Close.
- Click Save.
- The request is submitted during your next MLS transmission. The request is sent directly to the membership processing team at the administrative office. The team makes the requested change, or may request more information if necessary.
- Changes to membership records are noted on the the Membership Transaction Report, which is generated following an MLS transmission.