Releasing the LDSTech IDE
This document is meant to describe the steps involved in doing a release of the LDSTech IDE. This is mostly for internal use - if you are just using the LDSTech IDE, this probably isn't something you care about.
Steps to release the IDE:
- Make sure you have a good build that has been tested by other members of the team.
- Tag the release in Subversion
- Move the 'current' symbolic link to your new version (ie, from 1.1.3 to 1.2)
- Replace the current update/e37-thirdparty with update/e37-thirdparty-dev
- Copy the latest update/<version>/<buildnumber> directory to update/e37
- Go into Nexus and Expire the cache for "downloads/lds-tech-ide/update"
- Release the version in JIRA
- Publish release notes to SharePoint, the LDSTech Forums, and our Twitter account
- Update your versions in trunk - note, you can't just modify the version in the POMs, you must also edit the MANIFEST.MF for any plugin, and anything that references that version. It will be in a slightly different format than a typical Maven version. For example, for 1.2.0, it would be something like 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT in Maven and 1.2.0.qualifier in anything Eclipse uses.
- Don't forget to set the versionTag property in the root pom.
- Update all *-SNAPSHOT versions
- Update all *.qualifier versions