Recording Aaronic Priesthood ordinations
Deciding who is ordained to an office in the Aaronic Priesthood
The bishop decides who is ordained to an office in the Aaronic Priesthood. There are two times when these ordinations should take place.
- When boys reach the ages of 12 (deacons), 14 (teachers), and 16 (priests), provided they are worthy.
- When recently baptized converts have attended Church regularly. In the case of adult men, they should be ordained priests.
The clerk should regularly print the Bishopric Action and Interview List for the bishop. One of the things this report lists is overdue Aaronic Priesthood ordinations.
Recording the ordination
After the ordination takes place, the clerk should record the ordination on the member's record.
- Log in to MLS
- On the Membership Record menu, click Record Ordinations.
- On the Priesthood Ordination menu, click Record Priesthood Ordination.
- Click on the name of the member who received the ordinance, and then click OK.
- In the window that appears, use the information on the Aaronic Priesthood Ordination Record to complete all fields, and then click Save.
- When prompted to print the ordination, click Yes.
- In the window that appears, make sure the information is correct, and then click Print.