Office software tasks
Office software can help clerks perform many useful functions.
Either OpenOffice (the recommended suite) or Microsoft Office can be used to:
- Convert MLS reports into a spreadsheet so that one can manipulate, sort, and delete unwanted fields.
- Track move-in/move-out data (and forwarding addresses).
- Record sustainings, releases, setting apart, ordinations (who, when -- making sure all are completed). This may be commonly known as a ward business sheet.
- Keep a monthly history of unit statistics for the stake presidency.
- Track missionary contacts, progress, baptisms, confirmations, new member discussions. Note that some of this can be done in MLS with the New Member Report.
- Record minutes of meetings (Many clerks use a laptop for this task, as well as many others).
- Analyze stake demographics (even going as deep as street name increments using geo codes).
- Prepare, track, and report on ward budget allocations.
- Complete disciplinary council reports.