Mormon messages (meetinghouse)
All content on this page is moving to LDS Help Center under the Meetinghouse Technology topic. This page was supposed to be deleted at the end of October 2012.
Viewing of Mormon Messages in the meetinghouse
Mormon Messages are available through a wide variety of sources. One of the most common ways to access them is YouTube, but this is blocked by the filtering policy in place in all meetinghouses. In order to view these videos in the meetinghouse, you need to access them directly from the LDS.org homepage, mormonchannel.org, or the LDS Media Library.
Note: If a video is not supported by one of these solutions there is no error when the problem occurs — the only indication of a problem is that the video will not play. These videos do play when accessed from other locations. This is a known issue, and is related to the fact that YouTube is blocked in the meetinghouse. The issue only affects a handful of the videos, and is being worked on. It should be resolved shortly.
This page uses the YouTube video player and fails over to a Brightcove video player if YouTube is blocked.
To access Mormon Messages from the LDS.org homepage:
- Navigate to lds.org
- Click on the Mormon Messages link at the bottom of the list of features.
- The direct URL is: http://www.lds.org/pages/mormon-messages?lang=eng
Mormonchannel.org uses the YouTube video player and fails over to a Brightcove video player if YouTube is blocked.
To access Mormon Messages from mormonchannel.org:
- Navigate to mormonchannel.org
- Select Video on the top menu bar. More choices will appear.
- Click the Mormon Messages link.
Mormonchannel.org will also let you save a Mormon Messages file on your computer. To download a video on Mormonchannel.org:
- Navigate to http://mormonchannel.org/video/mormonmessages
- Find the video you want to download.
- Click on the download icon to the right of the video title.
- On the popup that appears, right click on the "mp4" link.
- Click Save Link As... or Save Target As...
- Choose where you want to save it on your computer and hit Save.
LDS Media Library
You can watch Mormon Messages with the LDS Media Library. The LDS Media Library uses a Brightcove player instead of linking to YouTube, making it one of the ideal solutions for watching Mormon Messages on meetinghouse Internet.
To access Mormon Messages with the LDS Media Library:
- Navigate to LDS.org.
- Go to the top menu and choose the submenu Study.
- Select the Media Library link.
- Click Video on the top left corner of the LDS Media Library page.
- Select Mormon Messages from the list of video categories now available on the right side of the page. You now have access to all the Mormon Message videos.