Mormon Channel Windows Mobile Application
|Mormon Channel Project Index edit|
The Mormon Channel Windows Mobile application is a streaming radio player that plays the Mormon Channel content. In addition this application will stream Ensign, New Era, and Friend magazine content, General Conference reports, and LDS Scripture content.
NOTE: This project is in the very early stages and no source code has even been written yet!
The Mormon Channel Windows Mobile application is made up of the following software components:
- TO BE DETERMINED - need to find out if the .NET Compact framework will be able to handle all streaming needs or if third-party libraries are needed (like ffmpeg or mms). The following links could be helpful:
Update: The project no longer is dependent upon the FFmpeg and MMS libraries to play the radio stream. We have provided an HTTP/MP3 stream. See the Mormon Channel Web Services documentation for more information.
For now, the focus will be on Windows Mobile Standard and Professional versions 6.0 and higher.
This video will show the current product that is in development.
Building and contributing to the Mormon Channel Windows Mobile Application project
You will need to meet the following requirements in order to download and build and contribute to the Mormon Channel Windows Mobile application project.
- Please follow ALL of the instructions and requirements found on Requirements for Participation wiki page.
- It appears that for mobile development, Visual Studio 2008 Professional or higher is required. It cannot be the Express editions of Visual Studio.
- You must have Subversion installed on your computer. You can get the latest version of Subversion here.
Getting the source code and building the project
Source control is not set up quite yet.
About the streams
The Mormon Channel stream is a WMA stream that is delivered via the MMS protocol. All other streams are mp3 streams delivered via HTTP.
Features wish list
For now it will probably be best to simply use the Mormon Channel iPhone Application's Features Wish List.
- How do I suggest new features or report bugs?
- Simply go to the Jira project and add a new issue or add it to the Features Wish List section above.
- If I have questions about the source code or the project, whom should I contact?
- Contact Mike Murray for questions about the project.
- Can I use this source code for other unrelated projects?
- The radio and web services source code is copyrighted by the Church and / or other parties. You must seek permission before using any of this code. The ffmpeg and mms libraries (if they end up being used) are open source and free to use and modify according to their accompanying licenses.