Meetinghouse Technology site update
We are preparing to move meetinghouse technology content from http://mhtech.lds.org to a new Clerk training site being developed on LDS.org. The objectives of this project are as follows:
- Translate ALL content in ten languages
- English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Russian
- Clearly identify Church policies for meetinghouse technology.
- Provide one location for all clerk training (including technology specialists) on LDS.org.
We are currently in the development phase of this project. New page templates are being finalized, and we have almost finished our content audit in preparation for the move. A lot of emphasis has been placed on making the site easy to use. The following components or features will be a part of the new site:
- Getting Started: A high-level overview of what it means to be a technology specialist.
- Search: All content pages will be tagged with metadata to make finding content easy.
- Frequently Asked Questions: A page to address the most common issues.
- Site Map: A topic based approach to find what you are looking for.
The following image offers a sneak preview of our upcoming support site. Keep in mind features are still being developed and may change. (We apologize the image is not available in other languages, but our site will be.)
This new site will be available in the fall time period. We will be inviting a number of technology specialists in various parts of the world to participate in the site beta release and look forward to your feedback.