MLS messaging system
MLS has the capability to send messages from wards to stakes and the administrative office. Messages can also be sent from the stake to its wards and from the stake to the administrative office. Ward-to-ward communication is not yet possible.
Reading a received message
- On the MLS menu bar, click Reports/Forms. Click Messages.
- In the Received Messages section, click the subject of one of the unread messages. (Unread messages have an icon that looks like an unopened envelope.)
- After you have read the message, you may do one of the following:
- Click Reply. After you write your reply, click Save. The message will be sent the next time you use Send/Receive Changes.
- Click Forward. Type an explanation of what the message is for, if wanted. Click Address at the top of the screen and choose a new destination for this message. Click Save.
- Click Delete, and then click Yes.
Creating and sending a message
- On the MLS menu bar, click Reports/Forms. Click Messages. At the bottom of the screen, click Create Message.
- In the Type field, click the desired button (Finance, Membership, Stake, or [for stakes] Unit to Unit).
- If you selected Stake or Unit to Unit, click Address Book, and choose where you want to send this message by clicking the box by the unit leader's name. If the unit leader's name is not listed, click Add in the upper right corner and input the name.
- In the From field, enter your name (if it is not already there).
- In the Subject field, enter a brief subject heading.
- In the Message area, type the message. Click Save. The message will be sent the next time you use Send/Receive Changes.