LDS Tools for Android - Known Issues
- The calendar service, the service that provides calendar data to LDS Tools, has been having some issues and is timing-out during the last part of the LDS Tools sync (which is then causing LDS Tools to crash). They are aware of the issue and are working on a fix. We are also working on a fix that will keep LDS Tools from crashing when their service fails. Please try to sync again... if it fails, try to sync again later (as the service has been going down and up as they work on it)
See the Change Log.
A number of things can cause sync issues. The following list contains suggestions for how to resolve sync problems.
- Attempt to sync again.
- If the sync fails immediately, the servers may be down. Attempt to sync later or the next day.
- If your sync fails repeatedly, you may need to sync when you have a broadband connection. Some people have reported problems trying to sync when only connected to their wireless carrier.
- There may be a problem with your LDS Account. Be sure that you can Sign-in to lds.org to verify your username and password:
Many of the sync issues that have been reported have been due to the web services the app uses to get ward and stake information being unavailable due to maintenance or other issues. The app should tell you if the web services are unavailable and to try again later. Generally, you should wait until the next day if you have this particular sync issue.
If you are still unable to sync, please contact us at our support email address listed in the Reporting defects or enhancements section.
If you find that information is being displayed about you or other members that you do not wish to be displayed, you must change your settings on your LDS Account. You can access these settings as follows:
- Go to LDS.org and sign in using your LDS account user name and password
- Go to the Tools menu and select Directory
- Click on the "My Household" link
- Click on "Edit Profile" link
- You can prevent everybody in your stake from seeing your information by unselecting the check box at the top of the page (Allow authenticated members of my stake to see my household information...)
- You can block phone, email, or pictures for the household and/or individual family members by unselecting the appropriate boxes to the right of the displayed information.
In addition, you can add a picture to your profile by selecting the "Choose File" button and selecting an image. LDS Tools will have the option to display these images in a future release.
You may have chosen not to have information shown in the past but when the new LDS Account was added, old profile information attached to your lds.org login was not transferred. This included privacy settings you may have selected. You will need to reset your privacy settings by following the steps listed above.
Reporting defects or enhancements
If you find a defect or have an enhancement suggestion for LDS Tools for Android please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When reporting a defect please include the following information in your email:
- Description of the problem
- What you were doing when the problem occurred
- Device that problem occurred on
- OS Version (go to Menu, Settings, About Phone, Software Information. OS is the Firmware Version.)
Note: Please email suggested enhancements to the LDS Tools team for consideration.
If the suggestions are accepted, they will be added to this list.
- Include option to choose directory to only show Head of Household
- Include option to show Head of Household and spouse only
- Copy members to phone contacts
- Synchronize phone contacts with members in directory
- Custom Lists
- Add directory entry to contacts list
- Copy Calendar entries to phone calendar
- Create custom groups for personal use
- Add report features for clerks and other positions (same as iOS version)