Team Foundation Server Administrative Tasks
This article provides solutions to different Team Foundation Server (TFS) problems you may run across.
Team Project Tasks
- Common TFS Tasks - Instructions on how to do common TFS tasks including Creating a New TFS Team Project, Setting TFS Permissions, Checking-In Code, Creating a Build Definition, Producing a New Build, Creating a Test Environment, Running Tests, Publishing Test Results, Viewing TFS Reports, and Generating TFS Reports.
- Creating a New TFS Team Project - Instructions on how to create a new TFS Team Project.
- Deleting an Existing Team Project - Instructions on how to delete a TFS Team Project.
- Permanently Deleting a TFS Team Project - External blog describing how to delete a TFS Team Project.
- Adding a SharePoint Portal to an existing TFS Team Project - Instructions with screenshots for adding a SharePoint Portal to an existing TFS Project.
- Builds and Version Control - Article describing how to create a Build Definition and set the Version.
Work Item Tasks
- Customizing Work Item Types - This MSDN page gives guidance around customizing Team Projects and Processes including Work Item Types.
- Destroying a Work Item Type - Instructions on how to remove a Work Item Type from the TFS Team Project.
- Migrating Work Item Types - Instructions on how to move Work Item Types (WITs) with TFS Power Tools
- Migrating Work Item Types with code - Lars Wilhelmsen documents how to migrate TFS work items with code in his blog post on "Migrating Work Items from one TFS Project to another". He also provides his own code examples, utilities and other miscellaneous files.
TFS Permissions Tasks
- Setting TFS Permissions - Documented steps for setting permissions for TFS, including Areas and Iterations, Builds, Drop Location, Reports, SharePoint Portal, Source Control, Test-Related access, and Work Items.
- Granting Permissions to see Web Parts on SharePoint Dashboards - Instructions on how to set permissions to add Web Parts to a TFS Team SharePoint.