Building Redundancy into TFS App-Tier
| This article is in a draft stage.|
This article gives guidance on how to add a second TFS App-Tier server and configure for redundancy.
- Have an existing TFS App-Tier Server:
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- IIS 7.5 with .NET Platform baseline applied.
- Build another Windows Server 2008 R2 server:
- Configure hardware as close to the first one as possible.
- Server: Windows 2003 SP3, Windows 2008 SP2, Windows 2008 R2:
- IIS 7
- SQL client Connectivity Tools.
- Install IIS 7 baseline:
- Baseline moves inetpub to F: - pretty sure w1576 didn't use the baseline.
- Install .NET Framework 4.0.
- Install SQL Client Connectivity Tools.
- Install TFS bits.
- Configure TFS as documented at Code Smart Not Hard.