Individual Ordinance Summary
The Individual Ordinance Summary (IOS) provides members with the basic information on their membership record. The IOS does not include any disciplinary information. Members may not have copies of membership records, but they are encouraged to have copies of their IOS.
Permission to view the IOS is limited to the following individuals:
- The bishop
- The clerk
- The member named on the record
- If the member named on the record is less than 18 years old, his or her parents or legal guardian(s)
To print an IOS in MLS:
- From the Membership panel, select More.
- Under Print Records select Individual's IOS.
- Check the box next to the name of the member. You can also click the Select All button at the bottom.
- Click Print Selected IOS Reports.
When to print an IOS
Print an IOS on the following occasions:
- When members attend tithing settlement, ask them review their IOS.
- Whenever significant life events (such as ordinances and other events) occur. After the event is recorded on the membership record in MLS, transmitted to headquarters, and received back into the ward, you can print the IOS and ask the member to review it.
- Whenever members ask to view their membership record.
Members should notify the clerk of any inaccuracies that need to be corrected.
- Handbook 1: Stake Presidents and Bishops , 13.6.