How to have a good call
All content on this page is moving to LDS Help Center under the Meetinghouse Technology topic. This page was supposed to be deleted at the end of October 2012.
This page provides hints and tips to have a good video conference call.
Keys to a successful call:
- Always use a wired connection instead of wireless if possible
- Plug your PC into power to maximize CPU performance
- Test your Internet connection speed (click on “Speed Test” on http://pvc.lds.org)
- Use a webcam for the best quality picture
- Use a Chat 50 or USB headset for best audio results
- Do not use built-in microphone & speakers on laptop
- Set up equipment in advance and make test call before major meetings
- In a group call, mute your microphone when not speaking if you have background noise (meeting room owner can also mute participants)
- Turn on video self-view to be aware of how you are presented to others