Help for stake leaders (Maps)
Stake leaders who sign in to LDS Maps can view and change a variety of information. Stake leaders may view all ward and stake member information available in LDS Maps, including information for members who choose to hide their information from other stake and ward members. They also have the same rights as ward leaders to change some information in LDS Maps.
The stake leaders include the following:
- Stake president
- Stake president’s counselors
- Stake clerk
- Assistant stake clerks (except the stake financial clerk)
- Stake executive secretary
The stake leaders are defined by MLS. See MLS Main Menu/Organizations/Stake Presidency/Add Positions. This opens a list of the stake presidency positions.
Information available to stake leaders
Stake leaders can:
- View household locations of all members in the stake, including those who choose to hide their information from other ward or stake members.
- View and download household locations of members by ward.
- View maps and lists of emergency response leaders in all wards in the stake.
- View maps and lists of members with special needs in all wards in the stake.
- View stake and ward boundaries of their stake.
- View stake and ward boundaries in stakes worldwide if this option is selected on the Map Layers.
- View leader contact information of most wards and stakes worldwide.
- View and download membership information, including members with special needs and ward emergency response leaders.
- Search for the names of adult members in the stake by name. Stake leaders can also click on household icons to view the address, phone number, and e-mail address (if available).
- Download member location information to a file and then upload it into a handheld GPS device.
Stake leaders serving outside their stake boundaries have the same rights listed above for the stake they serve in.
To view the household location of all members in the stake:
- Click the dropdown arrow next to the name of the ward or stake at the top of the household list.
- The icons for all stake members will appear on the map or satellite image. Also, a list of members in the stake will appear to the left of the map or satellite image.
- To view information about the household or the member, click the member’s name in the list or the icon for the household on the map.
Note: If ward leaders have not verified the location of households in their ward, the locations will be unverified on the stake map or satellite image.
View a list of members in a ward or in the stake
The list of members of the ward or stake will appear under the Households list to the left of the map.
View those with special needs or emergency response leaders
To view a list of members who have special needs or who are emergency response leaders:
- Click the Options icon on the Navigation bar above the map.
- When the Map Options box opens, click Show next to Emergency Response or Special Needs. When the Show or Hide buttons are dark, the icons for those categories will appear on the map.
- In the search field above the list of members, type Special Needs or Emergency Response and LDS Maps will find all members in the stake that have been placed in one of those categories.
To print a map, click the Print icon.
Search for a member of the stake
Stake leaders can search for an adult member of the stake by typing the first or last name of the person into the search field at the top of the Households list to the left of the map on the My Stake tab.
Note: Searching for the member’s last name will return a list of all those with the same last name. You can then click on the member’s name in the list and view his or her location on the map, as well as location information. Searching for a member by first name may not return a full list of all members with the same first name if some first names have been abbreviated. You can also click the Driving Directions link to get driving directions to the member’s location.
Change member location and other information
See Help for ward leaders for instructions.