Gospel Library support - Android
|Gospel Library for Android Index edit|
- 1 Frequently Asked Questions
- 1.1 How do I use Gospel Library?
- 1.2 How/why are app permissions used in Gospel Library?
- 1.3 How can I go back to a previous version of Gospel Library?
- 1.4 Are there plans to add additional content to Gospel Library?
- 1.5 How do I highlight?
- 1.6 How do I create a bookmark?
- 1.7 How do I update or delete a bookmark?
- 1.8 How do I move forward and backward from chapter to chapter?
- 1.9 Why is the content of books different in Gospel Library than is in printed versions?
- 1.10 How can I remove content that I have downloaded?
- 2 How to request help
- 3 Additional information
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I use Gospel Library?
How/why are app permissions used in Gospel Library?
There are several permissions that the app uses to function. The use of some of these permission is obvious (i.e., the Internet permission) and the use of some others is not obvious and has caused some concern among our users. Some of the non-obvious permissions are listed below:
- Phone calls - Read phone state and identity: this permission is not currently used, but will be used in our next release, which will allow for audio playback of some content. In order to respond appropriately to phone call interruptions during audio playback, this permission is required.
- System tools - Retrieve running applications: this permission is only used to provide a workaround for an Android bug that allows multiple instances of the app to be opened at the same time when initially opened from the "Open" button on the install status view.
How can I go back to a previous version of Gospel Library?
While we recommend you continue to use the current version of Gospel Library, you can download a previous version for use on our Gospel Library for Android page under Older Versions. Please read the caution note carefully before installing.
Are there plans to add additional content to Gospel Library?
Gospel Library has the ability for you to choose the content you wish to download to your device from an online content library. The content library is maintained by the Church and is updated when new published content is available. This includes the addition of new editions of Church magazines, General Conference reports, new Church manuals and other published content as it is made available.
How do I highlight?
You can select text for highlighting by long-pressing (tap and hold for a second) anywhere in the text. The text should show that it's selected and annotation menu bar will show up on the bottom of the screen.
How do I create a bookmark?
Navigate to the content you want to bookmark, then press the Bookmark icon in the menu bar, then select the Add Bookmark option and edit the title of the bookmark if desired and press OK.
How do I update or delete a bookmark?
Press the Bookmark icon in the menu bar, then press the (i) for the bookmark you wish to update or delete and you will get a pop-up that will allow you to Go to Bookmark, Update Bookmark or Delete Bookmark.
How do I move forward and backward from chapter to chapter?
Simply swipe the screen from the right to left side of the screen to advance forward to the next chapter. A swipe from left to right will take you back a chapter.
Why is the content of books different in Gospel Library than is in printed versions?
The content in Gospel Library and on LDS.org is the most current, accurate and approved content for published content. Content will occasionally be updated to help improve the readability of the books. Online content will be the first to reflect those changes while subsequent printings of books will reflect those changes.
For an example, see the header of Isaiah 40 and compare it to the book version.
How can I remove content that I have downloaded?
Navigate to the folder containing the book or folder you wish to remove. Long-press the item, then select Remove from the popup menu.
How to request help
If you can't find the answer to your problem or if you've found a new bug with Gospel Library for Android, please go into the app and select the Submit a Bug Report option in the Help menu. Please include details about your issue or question in the bug report before you send it. This will ensure that you get prompt help from the support team. Additionally, you may email us at email@example.com but if you are having an issue, the support team may ask for you to send a bug report before we can help solve your issue. You can also post questions (and see questions and answers from others) on the online help forum for Gospel Library for Android.
- To read more about Gospel Library for Android and to see screen shots and a screencast, please visit the Gospel Library for Android project page.