Gospel Library for Windows Beta Issues
Below is a list of known issues with the beta version of Gospel Library for Windows, now in open testing via a download from the Windows Store. This new version of the application has been written specifically for Windows 10 and takes advantage of Microsoft's Universal App Platform. Bugs that have been struck out below are bugs that are currently fixed in the code and will be fixed in an upcoming update to the beta.
You can learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta here.
Note: We are not currently taking feedback on the Windows 10 Mobile version of the app. Unfortunately, the mobile version of the update for 22.214.171.124 was released prematurely and is currently in a pre-beta state. To return to the legacy version of the app, please uninstall and reinstall the app via the Windows Store. If you'd like to keep up with the development of the new version of the app, please download Gospel Library Beta.
- (VSO 818) Users with specific annotations issues are unable to use the app. Covers fail to load, books fail to download, and errors abound.
- (VSO 794) Doing anything to cause the app to redraw annotations will cause the chapter to scroll upward. Editing highlights, clicking "save" in the annotations editor, etc., even when nothing has actually been changed.
- (VSO 856) InvalidCast_Com when making annotations in multiple window scenarios.
- (VSO 676) Invert cancel/delete/save button locations to match iOS, or use the more Windowsy close button and place save at the bottom below and to the right of Notebooks
- (VSO 775) It's not possible to add a link to an existing note in the Annotations Editor. As a result, it is also impossible to add more than one link to a single note.
- (VSO 829) Notes/journal entries are prompting to save changes when no changes have been made.
- (VSO 832) Quotation marks copied from outside sources don't save correctly in the annotation editor, and en and em dashes disappear.
- (VSO 776) Links aren't entirely intuitive when using the context menu.
- (VSO 820) Sometimes, the app fails to attach error logs to emails it generates. Including the error text at the very bottom of the email would help to mitigate most of the disadvantage support has when attempting to answer such emails.
- (VSO 787) Download button remains selected (darkened) in the media ribbon after an item has been downloaded and the user switches to another chapter.
- (VSO 788) It's not intuitive to have to select media again to get it to play after it has finished. For example, if I play Psalm 10, then move to Psalm 15, there's nothing that tells the user that, in order to get to Psalm 15's audio, they have to click the Select Audio button. If the audio playback has stopped (the chapter has finished playing or was never started) the app should be switching the audio selection for the user.
- (VSO 603) Remove the redundant Doctrine and Covenants from Library Contents Entries for sections
- (VSO 804) A blank semantic square appears between M and N in the semantic zoom view of the Topical Guide.
- (VSO 805) The Topical Guide is agonizingly slow to scroll--it causes a rather noticeable spike in CPU usage. Interestingly, CPU usage is also fairly high on the Bible Dictionary, but it scrolls much smoother.
- (VSO 836) Trying to navigate to a tagged bookmark via the tags section of the annotations pane fails.
- (VSO 837) App is unresponsive during downloading. After initial launch, for example, a user cannot close the change log because the app is downloading the "starter" books.
- If a user's default browser is Firefox, the print function does not work. The user is hit with an "Access to the file was denied" error. This is a bug in Firefox. In order to use the print feature, you'll need to at least temporarily change your default browser to something else, like Microsoft Edge, Vivaldi, or Google Chrome.
- (VSO 720) Printing currently only supports the base content, and doesn't include any annotations--notes, tags, links, or markings.
- (VSO 854) No results for Ensign or Liahona and no results from General Conference past 2013.
- (VSO 822) Immersive Mode cannot be triggered (or untriggered) when viewing the sheet music.
- (VSO 783) The CTRL + Tab and CTRL + Shift + Tab keyboard shortcuts exhibit some peculiar behaviors. Often, the hamburger menu (CTRL + Tab) or New Tab button (CTRL + Shift + Tab) will get put into the rotation. Sometimes, the tabs cycle out of order.
- (VSO 808) References locations are not rehighlighted when switched back to in tabs. Open a piece of content, for example, Jacob 4. Open a reference and follow it, like "little"s link to Jarom 1:14 in verse 1. Open a new tab. Now switch back to Jarom. Note that the chapter is scrolled, but the referenced verse is not highlighted.
- (VSO 736) Changing the theme doesn’t recolor toggles, navigation panes, or sliders when changing to or from the night or black themes.
- (VSO 814) Ctrl + Mouse Wheel doesn't adjust the text size, but literally zooms on the HTML document.
- (VSO 838) Change log doesn't appear until the user navigates to the home page.
- (VSO 839) App sometimes throws errors about an "invalid clipboard format" if text is copied from Hungarian content.
Note: We are not currently taking feedback on the Windows 10 Mobile version of the app.
- (VSO 742) … doesn't work in the Bookmarks flyout
- (VSO 840) Copy doesn't work.
- (VSO 841) Long titles don't truncate gracefully (or, indeed, at all) in the top bar.
- (VSO 842) Mobile doesn't have its own help guide.
- (VSO 843) Mobile shows the desktop version's guide.
- (VSO 844) Pin option is available in nav panes.
- (VSO 845) Section covers remain pressed upon returning to their screen after switching tabs.
- (VSO 846) Pressing "Home" does not take the user to the top of the Home screen (as expected) if the user is already on the Home screen.
- (VSO 847) Downloading a book from the bookmarks flyout causes the flyout to close, without having done anything--until the user switches apps and switches back to Gospel Library.
- (VSO 848) Not infrequently, the app will fail to open and crash. When opened again, the open tabs are lost.
- (VSO 849) Attempting to download non-downloaded books via the bookmarks pane does nothing until the user switches apps and switches back to Gospel Library.
- (VSO 850) Creating a new bookmark at the top of a chapter causes the bookmark ribbon to be half off the screen when it appears.
- (VSO 851) Annotation title text doesn't wrap or truncate when long enough to pass under the edit button.
- (VSO 852) Summoning the change log doesn't dismiss the Settings flyout menu.