Getting started as a stake technology specialist
All content on this page is moving to LDS Help Center under the Meetinghouse Technology topic. This page was supposed to be deleted at the end of October 2012.
Getting started as a stake technology specialist provides some suggestions to help a new stake technology specialist get familiar with their new role.
Familiarize yourself with the technology in your stake
Begin by familiarizing yourself with the technology in your stake center and then do the same with the other buildings in your stake.
Questions to find answers to
- What information or documentation does the previous STS have that may be useful to you?
- Do you have a technology closet? Where is it located? What all does it have in it?
- Where are your audio/video equipment and/or connections?
- Do you have a satellite receiver?
- Do you have Internet in the building? If so:
- Where is the Internet Service Provider (ISP) modem and firewall?
- What are the phone numbers for receiving technical support from your ISP? Do you have account numbers and any other identifying information needed for obtaining support?
- What rooms have hard wired connections?
- Do you have wireless access points set up?
Get familiar with all technology equipment in the stake. Make sure you have a list describing each item with its respective location and serial number.
- Get to know your Facilities Manager (in many stakes you will work through the physical facilities representative (PFR) for your communication with the facilities manager).
- Find out how your stake presidency wants to make use of technology:
- What are their feelings about the current technology usage?
- How does your stake currently handle the technology needs for stake conference? Is this working well, or do you need to investigate new options?
- How does your stake receive broadcasts, such as General Conference, CES Firesides, First Presidency Christmas Devotional, etc? Is this working well, or do you need to investigate other options?
- Is your stake presidency concerned about travel within their stake? You may need to investigate some options for broadcasting conferences, or setting up video conferences for high council meetings or PPIs with bishops.
- Know how to contact the Global Service Center (GSC).
Resources and training
- Familiarize yourself with the Family Safety Wiki – be prepared to assist members with questions regarding using technology safely in their homes.
- Obtain the needed access to the technology – keys to the buildings/rooms, passwords, etc.
- Watch the Meetinghouse technology training videos available on this wiki.
- Learn how to install and repair MLS so you will be prepared for when you need to do this.