Getting Java Stack Sources
- For both read and write Subversion privileges to Java Stack sources, you must be an LDS Church ICS employee on the Java Stack team.
- For read-only Subversion privileges to Java Stack sources, you must have an account with the LDSTech Community Subversion system.
- (Recommended) And IDE with Subversion integration
- (Optional) A command-line Subversion client.
From the IDE
For those content to work exclusively from the IDE, the following simple instructions are sufficient:
- Open https://code.lds.org/svn/stack/modules in your IDE's Subversion repository browser.
- Check out the
trunkfolder of each module you need.
From the Command-Line
For those that enjoy working from both the command-line and the IDE, the following steps will allow you to check out those modules that you need while ignoring the modules, tags and branches that you don't' need.
- Perform a non-recursive checkout of the stack modules repository folder:
svn co -N https://code.lds.org/svn/stack/modules stack-modules
- Change to the newly created folder:
- List the module folders available:
- Some of the modules listed are no longer under active maintenance, have been deprecated, or moved into other modules. The following steps assume you will be checking out only those modules that are being actively developed and maintained.
- Perform a non-recursive checkout of each module's root folder:
svn up -N alm-maven-plugin blank concurrency-spring db-migrator db-spring ehcache hibernate jul-ext lds-account legacy-2 legacy-2-pet-store marklogic master maven openweb-build-resources openweb-maven-plugin patterns-jsp patterns-jsp-demo pet-store pseudo-i18n qa rs-spring security-web selenium site spring-utils starter starter-tools streams-aq-spring swing system tcat test test-unit thirdparty tomcat tomcat-encrypt-tool tomcat-maven-plugin utils wam-maven-plugin web web-spring ws-spring
- Perform a typical recursive checkout of each module's trunk folder and all sources beneath it:
svn up alm-maven-plugin/trunk blank/trunk concurrency-spring/trunk db-migrator/trunk db-spring/trunk ehcache/trunk hibernate/trunk jul-ext/trunk lds-account/trunk legacy-2/trunk legacy-2-pet-store/trunk marklogic/trunk master/trunk maven/trunk openweb-build-resources/trunk openweb-maven-plugin/trunk patterns-jsp/trunk patterns-jsp-demo/trunk pet-store/trunk pseudo-i18n/trunk qa/trunk rs-spring/trunk security-web/trunk selenium/trunk site/trunk spring-utils/trunk starter/trunk starter-tools/trunk streams-aq-spring/trunk swing/trunk system/trunk tcat/trunk test/trunk test-unit/trunk thirdparty/trunk tomcat/trunk tomcat-encrypt-tool/trunk tomcat-maven-plugin/trunk utils/trunk wam-maven-plugin/trunk web/trunk web-spring/trunk ws-spring/trunk
- Import each module into your IDE as an existing Maven project.