Fund-raising activities are not normally approved because expenses for activities are paid from the budget allowance. As an exception, a stake president or bishop may authorize group fund-raising activities only when necessary to help pay for annual camps and equipment as outlined below. 
Fund-raising guidelines for annual camps and equipment
Those conducting fund-raising activities should:
- Comply with tax and liability guidelines presented in Handbook 1: Stake Presidents and Bishops.
- Not sell products or services door-to-door.
- Not advertise or solicit outside the unit boundaries.
- Provide meaningful value or service.
- Provide a positive experience and build harmony and unity within the group.
- Obtain the bishop's approval for the fund-raising activity.
Accounting for funds from fund-raising activities
For approved fund-raising activities, funds raised should be deposited into a specific subcategory of the Other category.
- Handbook 2: Administering the Church , 13.6.8