Creating a LDS Java Stack Project
« Back to LDS Java Stack
Creating an LDS Java Stack Project from the Stack Starter
- To start creating your project, launch the Java Stack Starter. On slow Internet connections, the Stack Starter may take a minute or so to download. Please be patient.
- Click the the downloaded jar to run it.
- On the first screen, specify the type of project you are creating, fill in the appropriate fields, and then click Next.
- Project Name: The name of your project. This will be used for the directory name containing your project.
- Package Name: While this doesn't need to be org.lds.yourprojectname, it is recommended.
- Project Location: Where the project directory should be added.
- Specify the configuration for the appropriate Property Groups. To move between property groups, use the left-hand menu. Don't use the Next button. Below is an explanation of some of the settings. You'll note a help icon next to most properties - you can hover your mouse over this icon to get more information about that property. Some properties have a web page associated with them, which you can get to by double-clicking on the help icon.
Note that as you go through the properties, some will be grayed-out and you will not be able to update them. This is because another property's value has made that particular property unavailable - you can usually hover over the help icon to find out why a property is disabled.
- Build Options
- Security Options
- Service Layer Options
- View Layer Options
- When you are satisfied with all of your settings in each property group, click Next.
- On the final page, review the settings you have specified and click Build. This will create the project directory structure with files and configuration that match the options you selected.
- When the build is complete, the final page will provide some additional information and links to Java Stack documentation.
- Once the screen indicates your build is complete, you may go back to create another project or click Exit.
Importing your project into the LDSTech IDE
- Start the LDSTech IDE: Getting started with the LDSTech IDE (Java WebApp platform)
- Navigate to File->Import, and click on 'Maven', then 'Existing Maven Projects'
- Specify the directory of your project. The process may spin for a bit and then should show you a handful of projects that it will be creating for you.
- Click OK, and you're done!
« Back to LDS Java Stack
This page was last modified on 12 July 2013, at 18:20.