LDSTech Missionary Opportunities
Note: LDSTech Mission Contact Information:
- 1 CSM Opportunity of the Week--Web Developer, Church History
- 2 International Full-Time Missions
- 3 Current Church-Service Missionary Opportunities
- 4 Time commitments
- 5 Skills
- 6 Language requirements
- 7 Application process
- 8 Backlogs
- 9 Requesting a Church-service missionary
- 10 Questions and contacts
- 11 Additional reading
CSM Opportunity of the Week--Web Developer, Church History
The Church is currently looking for a Web Developer--Church History (opportunity 10838). This skilled developer should have practical and industry experience in a MarkLogic environment. The candidate should be comfortable working in a very fast pace and be nimble and agile in development cycles. The consecrated effort should be at least 15-20 hours a week for at least 6 months, but a year is preferred. The candidate needs to have 2 weeks of full-time training in the Riverton Office Building (ROB), Utah before starting to work remotely.
Required skills include:
- CS Bachelors or equivalent experience
- 2 years of Enterprise web application engineering experience
- Web Services (REST)
- XQuery (Marklogic)
- Responsive design
- Mobile Web
Optional skills include:
- Agile Methodology
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, please fill out the LDSTech Missionary and Service Opportunities form (link below). For further information, click on Opportunity number 10838 below or call Sister Bottorff at 801-240-7373.
International Full-Time Missions
Full-time Foreign Technology Specialist Missionary Opportunities have been posted!! Full-time Area Technology Specialist missionaries are being requested world-wide. The current list of open opportunities are on page 6 of the below link.
- LDSTech Full-time Technical Missionary
|ATS Area||Fluent Language(s)||Updated|
|Korea, Seoul||Korean and English||24 OCT 2014|
|Apia, Samoa||English||27 OCT 2014|
|Suva, Fiji||English||27 OCT 2014|
|Nuku'alofa, Tonga||English||27 OCT 2014|
|Frankfurt, Germany||English and other European language||27 OCT 2014|
Please complete the LDSTech Profile to let LDSTech know of your interest in serving a mission. Opportunities are for healthy seniors with no dependents who are able to finance their mission based on the area's mission cost.
You may also call 801-240-6226 for further information on ATS Senior Couple full-time foreign missionary opportunities.
Current Church-Service Missionary Opportunities
If you desire to serve a Church-service mission, you can become a missionary for LDSTech. LDSTech missions are ideal for worthy people who work or have worked in the IT industry. You may be a young or young-at-heart tech expert who is worthy to serve a proselyting mission but cannot. You could also be a couple that is retired or on a leave of absence and looking for an opportunity to serve a mission. This could be an ideal place to serve. Please complete the LDSTech Profile to let LDSTech know of your interest in serving a mission.
The latest Church-Service Missionary opportunities are listed on LDS.org. To view the opportunities, on LDS.org go to Resources > Missionary > Church-Service Missionaries, then click Browse All Opportunities. Or go directly to http://servicemission.ldschurch.org. In the Select an Interest drop-down box, select Information Technology and Computer Science.
For convenience, the following list shows the available LDSTech Church-Service Missionary opportunities. Each of these opportunities links to the http://servicemission.ldschurch.org site listed above.
- Blackberry Developer for LDSTech #10279
- Church History Web Developer for LDSTech #10838
- LDS Tools for Windows Developer for LDSTech #12794
- Writer for LDSTech #12818
- LDS Music for iOS Developer for LDSTech #13171
- Business Analyst for LDSTech #13173
- Connection Specialist for LDSTech #13252
Opportunities at the Riverton Office Building
- Web Developer for LDSTech #9996
- Oracle/SQL Server DBA for LDSTech #10500
- Product Knowledge Specialist for LDSTech #11175
- Telephone Inventory Specialist for LDSTech #12082
- Mission Recruiter for LDSTech #12162
- Change Coordinator for LDSTech #12528
- QA Engineer for LDSTech #12555
- Android QA Engineers for LDSTech #12662
- QA Testing Engineer for LDSTech #12970
- Administrative Assistant for LDSTech #13070
If you have another IT skill and would still like to serve, there may be other opportunities available as well. Please call us at 801-240-7373 or email us at email@example.com.
Time commitments can be 6, 12, or 18 months. At the end of the term of service, you can extend the missionary commitment to continue serving.
The skills required to serve an LDSTech mission vary based on the opportunity. See the opportunity descriptions for each advertised position. Senior couples with varying technical skills are especially welcome. Many times one person may serve in one role on a project (for example, project leader) while the spouse serves in another role (for example, tester).
At this time, an LDSTech mission requires the ability to speak English. We also now have opportunities for those who speak other languages along with English, to help with special projects.
Please complete the LDSTech Profile to let LDSTech know of your interest in serving a mission. When you fill out this form, LDSTech can help you through the mission process. If you have questions about an LDSTech mission, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you prove to be a good fit for one of these positions, you will then complete the Church-service missionary application process. This process is described on the Church-Service Missionaries page on LDS.org. In summary, the application process is as follows:
- First, you complete the Recommendation Form for Church-service Missionaries.
- Upon receiving the completed recommendation forms, the bishop certifies your worthiness and concurs with the selected choice for service. He then signs the form and forwards it to the stake president.
- The stake president interviews you for worthiness, signs the recommendation form, and forwards it to the Church Service Missionary Office at Church headquarters for authorization to extend the call. (See Note below)
- The Stake President will receive your call letter and will extend the call to you. The stake president authorizes the bishop to set the new missionary apart.
- Church-service missionaries should then contact the operation where they will be serving. They are supervised and trained under the direction of the operation in which they serve. The stake president and bishop remain the ecclesiastical leaders for the member.
Note: To submit your Church-service mission application please ask your stake president for a copy and scan and email to Sister Noni Boyle (email@example.com) and the form will be forwarded to the Church Service Missionary Office. You may also fax it to 801-353-4350, with a cover letter to Sister Boyle. Sister Boyle will alert you when your call has been issued.
If you've inquired about a mission or already submitted your papers and haven't heard back from LDSTech yet, please be patient. As we work to manage the numerous inquiries for LDSTech Church-service missions, we have found more interest than we have current opportunities for. This has been a pleasant surprise. More opportunities are being created on a regular basis. We will continue to do our best to match current opportunities with those who have matching skills and availability.
Most importantly, if you feel prompted to serve, don’t wait for us -– reach out and remind us of your desire to serve. When you do, please include a brief description of your availability and technical experience and skills. Many opportunities require service to be done at the Riverton, UT office building. If you have strong interest in one of the following opportunities, please let one of us know.
- Software Developers
- Interaction Designers
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
If you are not able to serve at the Riverton Office Building, but are still interested in an LDSTech Church-service mission, please be patient with us as we try to find more opportunities to serve from home. These opportunities will grow over time and we are excited about the growth.
Requesting a Church-service missionary
If you're a Church employee and would like to request a Church-service missionary for your group or department, send the position details and requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. LDSTech administrators will post the details on the LDS.org Church-service missionary opportunity page, this wiki page, and will include it in articles and newsletters to find the right person for the position. You can also fill out the form below.
- LDSTech Missionary Opportunity Request
Questions and contacts
If you need more information about Church-service missionary opportunities, contact Sister Cheryl Bottorff, LDSTech Missionary Coordinator, at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: LDSTech Mission Contact Information:
The following articles provide more information about LDSTech Church-service missions.