Answers about Viewing Church broadcasts (meetinghouse)
All content on this page is moving to clerksupport.lds.org under the Meetinghouse Technology topic. This page will be deleted at the end of October.
There are many factors to consider when receiving and playing back Church broadcasts. It is not uncommon to have questions about to set up and manage your chosen solution. This is a repository of common questions and their corresponding answers. Use the "Contents" navigation box below to access answers by category. You may also find answers to your questions from the following sources:
- Online documentation about viewing Church broadcasts
- Other people from your area
- Online discussion forum
- E-mail the Church's Global Service Desk or call +1 (801) 240-4357
- Q:Will X Broadcast be available for live viewing and download over the Internet?
- A:Almost All Broadcasts are made available for streaming over the internet. For each specific broadcast, check the broadcast information sheet sent to your local unit leadership, If you still have questions, contact the Global Service Center +1 (801) 240-4357.
- Q: What about the Priesthood session of General Conference?
- A:Priesthood session will be made available for download within 24 hours. Live streaming will also be available upon request by the Local Unit Leadership. Local Leaders may request access to the streams through the Global Service Center at +1 (801) 240-4357, or +1 (801) 240-8729.
- Q:Who pays for the equipment for a congregation to view a Church broadcast?
- A:Some Equipment is paid for by the FM group, while other equipment (such as web casting) is purchased by the local unit or area out of their budget.
- Q:I’ve reviewed the documentation, but I’m still having trouble getting our solution working properly. Where can I get additional help?
- AYes, Inside the USA and Canada please call the Global Service Center for telephone at +1 (801) 240-4357, or send an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Outside of the USA and Canada, please contact your local area office.
- Q:Is telephone support from the Global Service Center available on Sundays?
- AYes, but it is limited to the time of broadcast inside of North America. We recommend that you test your Church broadcast solution in advance of the event. This will allow you to work out any potential issues and make calls to support before the event.
- Q:We’ve implemented one of the alternative solutions but we’re having trouble with it. Can we get support from the Global Service Center?
- ANo, the Global Service Center is not prepared to support alternative solutions.