LDSTech

LDS Account => Forum Screen Name

Having a problem with the Forum, Wiki, Jira or other aspect of tech.lds.org? This is the place.

LDS Account => Forum Screen Name

#1Postby russellhltn » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:27 am

As you may have noticed, your LDS Account login name automatically becomes your publicly visible "screen name" when you come into the forum.

Since you probably weren't aware that when you chose your login, it's understandable that you may want to change it. That's easy to do by going to https://ldsaccount.lds.org.

Unfortunately, changing your name will break the connection to your forum account. When you come back in, it will be with a new account under your new name. Simply drop a PM to one of the forum Community Administrators, either mkmurray or myself RussellHltn and we'll combine your old account into your new one.

While you're checking out your profile, you might want to enter what country you are in for the location field. Otherwise, other forum members are likely to assume you are in the U.S. when they give advice. :D
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS Account => Forum Screen Name

#2Postby kathytousley » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:17 pm

Will changing my "screen name" make it so my family search won't work any more? or are these different things?
kathytousley

Re: LDS Account => Forum Screen Name

#3Postby russellhltn » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:21 pm

I wouldn't expect it to, but you'd have to ask the people in FamilySearch to be sure.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Return to Help with tech.lds.org