Extending Ministering Assignment Information to Local Missionaries

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
tsbarnes

Extending Ministering Assignment Information to Local Missionaries

Post by tsbarnes »

Hi - A question from our Mission Leader - He'd like to know if we have any way to extend visibility of Ward Ministering assignments to our assigned Missionaries in the Tools Application? He'd like for the Missionaries to be able to recruit ministers to accompany them on visits to less active households. Any know if this is possible or would we just need to provide a printed list?
BrianEdwards

Re: Extending Ministering Assignment Information to Local Missionaries

Post by BrianEdwards »

tsbarnes wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:09 am Hi - A question from our Mission Leader - He'd like to know if we have any way to extend visibility of Ward Ministering assignments to our assigned Missionaries in the Tools Application? He'd like for the Missionaries to be able to recruit ministers to accompany them on visits to less active households. Any know if this is possible or would we just need to provide a printed list?
It's not possible in the current setup, and I'm not aware of anything definitive regarding whether this is by design, or just something that could potentially be done but hasn't been implemented yet. As the Ward Mission Leader does have access to the ministering assignments summary, and is responsible for coordinating the work of ward members/leaders and the missionaries, my perspective is that the Church intends for the Mission Leader to be the one that the missionaries coordinate with when they want to do things like visit less-active households. Even if he does provide a printed list to the full-time missionaries, he should still be "in-the-loop" via the coordination meetings and ongoing communication.
tsbarnes

Re: Extending Ministering Assignment Information to Local Missionaries

Post by tsbarnes »

Thanks Brian! This is what I assumed and is helpful to have validated. I appreciate the reply.

Return to “Member Tools”