Old recommend status after new one is initiated

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rjamesh77

Old recommend status after new one is initiated

Post by rjamesh77 »

Let's say it's mid February and someone gets an interview for a recommend renewal at the ward level. Let's also say their old recommend does not expire until March. Is the old recommend good until the stake completes the process with the second interview and the new recommend is activated? That seems logical but I've got some people telling me otherwise. I want to get everyone on the same page. How often can a weekly temple worker count on getting two interviews so close together? Too many variables to count on that it seems to me. Thanks.
itsgavinc

Re: Old recommend status after new one is initiated

Post by itsgavinc »

Yes, the prior recommend remains active until it is expired, or a new one is granted. A recommend being "in process," ( the local unit has started the process but the Stake has not activated it) should not affect the expiry date of the original recommend.
rjamesh77

Post by rjamesh77 »

Thank you
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

If local leaders want to verify for themselves, they can also confirm this is true. If they go to the "Recommend Activations" they can see whose recommends were issued but are awaiting stake activation. If they then go to the member's information in LCR, it will still show the recommend status of the current (aka old) recommend.
deleonh

Post by deleonh »

How long do you let them stay in the que at the Stake level before requiring the member to return to the bishopric for a new interview?
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

How long do you let them stay in the que at the Stake level before requiring the member to return to the bishopric for a new interview?
There was some discussion about that here Shelf Life for a non-activated recommend and also specific to living ordinance recommend "shelf life" here Living ordinance recommend

Return to “Membership Help”