Tools-when receiving a call, ID shows first name in ward list

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
helsinki2home

Re: Tools-when receiving a call, ID shows first name in ward list

Post by helsinki2home »

I've seen this, too, and came here searching for answers or possible resolutions.

A member in my ward has been experiencing the same thing and came to me for help. However, the name shown is the second alphabetical entry from another ward. (First male individual, though, if that comes in to play?) I confirmed that this is related to Tools's Caller ID feature by turning it off and verifying that the issue went away. Standard troubleshooting steps (clear cache, clear data, reinstall) do not help.

This issue doesn't seem to happen if the number is listed in the phone's contact book (I am in her contacts, and the phone's caller ID shows my name correctly). This only happens for "unknown" numbers. Has anyone managed to find a workaround?

Note: I use phones from Samsung's Note product line. As mentioned in another post, the Caller ID Feature worked briefly for me long ago when it was first rolled out. But, it hasn't worked now for several years. I am unable to problem solve on my own time.
idaho.yancey

Post by idaho.yancey »

I use a google pixel 7, Android version 14 and have the same issue. I can confirm as well that removing and reinstalling the app does not resolve the issue. The name that appears on caller ID is the first one alphabetically that appears in the stake list of members. It is challenging as a leader to not have an accurate caller id. I look forward to finding the resolution on this issue
jpjones~ogr

Post by jpjones~ogr »

I seem to recall problems with Tools app caller ID at least a year or two back, and ongoing problems since. For some users that feature may work well. I recommend disabling it until the next level/version of the app is distributed, then testing again. And if still doesn't work, reporting the issue to Global Services may be best. Unit clerks can help initiate contact with Global Services.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

jpjones~ogr wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:43 pmAnd if still doesn't work, reporting the issue to Global Services may be best. Unit clerks can help initiate contact with Global Services.
The local unit support team in the Global Services Department is different from the team that supports the Member Tools app. Rather than getting a phone number for the Global Services Department from the clerk, I think you'd be better off sending in-app feedback.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jpjones~ogr

Post by jpjones~ogr »

Sorry. Yes, I forgot there's a feedback feature in the app.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”