Meeting Time changes aren't propogating

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
rontilby

Meeting Time changes aren't propogating

Post by rontilby »

On December 27th I updated our Sacrament Meeting and First meeting start times in MLS for the new year. My understanding is that these changes should propagate automatically to both the Church Directory Online (CDOL) and Local Unit Web Site (LUWS).

Eight days after the change in MLS and it still hasn't shown up on the other systems.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

rontilby wrote:On December 27th I updated our Sacrament Meeting and First meeting start times in MLS for the new year. My understanding is that these changes should propagate automatically to both the Church Directory Online (CDOL) and Local Unit Web Site (LUWS).

Eight days after the change in MLS and it still hasn't shown up on the other systems.
We did ours on Dec. 30th, and it is currently correct on our LUWS site. This seems to indicate to me that something didn't go right with your update submission.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

rontilby wrote:On December 27th I updated our Sacrament Meeting and First meeting start times in MLS for the new year. My understanding is that these changes should propagate automatically to both the Church Directory Online (CDOL) and Local Unit Web Site (LUWS).

I updated ours on the 27th as well. I just checked and it hasn't updated on LUWS or CDOL either.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

eblood66 wrote:I updated ours on the 27th as well. I just checked and it hasn't updated on LUWS or CDOL either.
Our ward did its update on the 30th and it's still set to the old start time on both the CDOL and LUWS. I have called support and they're not aware of any problems, but the tech said that he'd pass it along to the programmers and ask that they check.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

A problem has been found in processing the meeting time changes, so they are on hold until a patch can be deployed (currently set for Thursday).
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

ryan jones wrote:A problem has been found in processing the meeting time changes, so they are on hold until a patch can be deployed (currently set for Thursday).
Is the patch for the MLS software or the LUWS?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

It is a patch for CDOL. Once the patch is released we will turn on the processing and start running through all the files we have received from the last weekend.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

ryan jones wrote:It is a patch for CDOL. Once the patch is released we will turn on the processing and start running through all the files we have received from the last weekend.
Does the CDOL then update the LUWS? It's obvious that there's a relationship between the MLS - CDOL - LUWS. It would be helpful to understand what that relationship is and how each is updated - at least in general.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Techgy wrote:Does the CDOL then update the LUWS? It's obvious that there's a relationship between the MLS - CDOL - LUWS. It would be helpful to understand what that relationship is and how each is updated - at least in general.
I believe that LUWS gets it from CDOL. I will try to find out.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

ryan jones wrote:I believe that LUWS gets it from CDOL. I will try to find out.
LUWS does get the data from CDOL. I believe it is a nightly refresh.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”