Unable to sign in

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Unable to sign in

Post by sbradshaw »

greg.walters wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:17 pm Is there a way to contact the developers to get some troubleshooting guidance?
The official feedback channel is sending feedback through the app (overflow menu in the top right > Help > Send Feedback).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

rskildum wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:45 pm I do not even think it gets to a point of connecting to the church servers unless the app checks the username before asking for a password.
Unintuitively, it actually does connect after typing the username – not to check if the username exists (for security reasons, it won't tell you that), but to check if the account has a different multi-factor authentication flow other than a password. This is a common pattern (albeit sometimes annoying as a user) on modern sites that have single sign-on or multi-factor authentication – the username and password fields are on different pages, because depending on what you type on the first screen, the next screen isn't necessarily a password screen. Google, for example, does the same.

You can test this by putting your device in airplane mode before pressing Next on the Gospel Library username screen – it will give you an error that there's no internet connection, and it won't let you advance to the password screen.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

sbradshaw wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:20 pm
greg.walters wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:17 pm Is there a way to contact the developers to get some troubleshooting guidance?
The official feedback channel is sending feedback through the app (overflow menu in the top right > Help > Send Feedback).
I chuckle every time I see this response for this condition. Someone cannot log in to the app and the only official way to contact the developers for help is to send feedback (which I assume can only happen AFTER they log in so the app can provide their information for trouble-shooting). How does someone send feedback that they cannot log in when they have to log in before they can send feedback? Or maybe I'm missing something...
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The email address posted eight years ago in the forum for android gospel library support was android-support@ldsmail.net. I don't know if it is still valid. The domain may have changed.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

jdlessley wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:36 pm The email address posted eight years ago in the forum for android gospel library support was android-support@ldsmail.net. I don't know if it is still valid. The domain may have changed.
The latest email addresses are here: Gospel Library Support

However, you should still be able to send feedback from Gospel Library without signing in.
toddls

Post by toddls »

Same issue on Samsung tablet.. any solutions yet?
rskildum

Post by rskildum »

No, not yet, I have contacted support and they responded asking for more information which I will send to them shortly,
rskildum

Post by rskildum »

I am not sure what happened or changed but I was able to sign into my Gospel Library app and my Tools app this morning on my Samsung tablet. I hope all of you have the same luck.
greg.walters

Post by greg.walters »

I saw there was am update for Gospel Library and installed it. I can now sign in. Yea!
scspencer

Post by scspencer »

I have an ASUS tablet and have experienced the previously mentioned sign in issues. However, at the end of December 2023, I was able to finally log in. However, as of a week ago (2/12/2024) I am currently unable to sign in. I have updated my app through the google plaly store and I am running android 7.0...any suggestions?

Return to “Android Gospel Library”