Temple worker now missing from callings

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
mprusse

Temple worker now missing from callings

Post by mprusse »

Until recently one could look at the profile for a temple worker and see that listed as one of their callings. That now appears to be gone and no longer shows which members work in the temple. Can anyone confirm they are seeing the same? Is there a way to get a list of ordinance workers rather than creating and maintaining the list manually? Thank you.
rootbeericecream

Re: Temple worker now missing from callings

Post by rootbeericecream »

I can confirm that those callings are missing for me as well, and for members of family that are ordinance workers.
I am curious as well why they are missing.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

It may have something to do with the old and the new membership systems running concurrently at this time. Eventually everything will be merged I am sure and LCR and the member app will be the same. Meanwhile, there may be glitches like this from time to time.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I wouldn't be surprised if the issue is if the system that holds those callings is down. I wouldn't worry unless it's like that for a few days.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rootbeericecream

russellhltn wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:02 am I wouldn't be surprised if the issue is if the system that holds those callings is down. I wouldn't worry unless it's like that for a few days.
It's been gone for more than a week, across a few full data resyncs.
It keeps some out-of-unit callings (like a CSM), but removed the temple ones. Unsure why that would be considered more "confidential".
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

With the privacy release Tools made a change in how they are getting that calling data. I thought I had the grants all setup to give them the same data, but after seeing this thread I was able to figure out what was different. I'm looking to see if I can fix it without any code changes or if I'm going to have to release code.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Sorry I didn't follow up sooner, but I was able to get this fixed without any code changes. After that by telling tools to update (I think I did the full refresh) I was able to see temple workers again in tools.
rootbeericecream

jonesrk wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:17 pm Sorry I didn't follow up sooner, but I was able to get this fixed without any code changes. After that by telling tools to update (I think I did the full refresh) I was able to see temple workers again in tools.
After a refresh, I am once again able to see temple callings again. Thank you for your help, and follow-up.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jonesrk wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:17 pm Sorry I didn't follow up sooner, but I was able to get this fixed without any code changes. After that by telling tools to update (I think I did the full refresh) I was able to see temple workers again in tools.
Update did not work, but Refresh did. Thanks.
rootbeericecream

Update on this topic -- Android Ward Tools app is still good. However, the temple callings are missing from Web "Ward Directory and Map" (directory.churchofjesuschrist.org ). A member in our ward indicated that it was missing here for at least a month or two. Related to the original issue?

Return to “Member Tools”