New Clerk Computer Provisioning

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
lajackson
Community Moderators

New Clerk Computer Provisioning

Post by lajackson »

The latest provisioning software does not download a browser other than the already existing Windows Edge. Are we expected to use that program, or should we download Firefox or Chrome? Or should we just let the clerks decide and download it themselves?

Same for LibreOffice.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: New Clerk Computer Provisioning

Post by jdlessley »

I would install Chrome since most of the Church websites and applications work best on Chrome. There are issues with Firefox when on the LCRF site.

When it comes to open source applications it appears to me that the Church is leaving what is installed up to the individual units. For office suites I prefer LibreOffice to OpenOffice.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
carsonm

Re: New Clerk Computer Provisioning

Post by carsonm »

From my past experience as an STS and then as a clerk , once the new Chromium based Edge (not the orginal Edge) came out, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge have basically the same underpining, known as Chromium, with some user facing differences. For the ward, I was in at the time, we had both we had both Chrome and Edge (Chromium based) to allow people 2 choices. I have found these 2 brower options is enough otherwise it can get interesting and some people may try to make it like their personal computerm, which can sometimes be interesting. :) If you are a STS, you might be able to get some more/better/offical guidence in that regards from the GSD.

Return to “Clerk Computers”