Deleted LDS Member Tools app and now it won’t let me log in or do anything

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Deleted LDS Member Tools app and now it won’t let me log in or do anything

Post by russellhltn »

grantwilliams wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:26 pm Im having the same problem. I can not access the ward directory on my browser either.
1) Make sure you're on the most current version of Tools.
2) Try logging out and back in.
3) Verify that your membership record is in a ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Talk to your ward clerk and they'll help you get your records back into your unit.
benaeca

Post by benaeca »

Sunday I had nothing inside the app so I deleted it and reinstalled. Now I get the updating sign and nothing changes. I’ve turned off the phone (iPhone 14) and then reinstalled and it’s the same thing every time.
Attachments
IMG_0906.png
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

benaeca wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:33 pm Sunday I had nothing inside the app so I deleted it and reinstalled. Now I get the updating sign and nothing changes. I’ve turned off the phone (iPhone 14) and then reinstalled and it’s the same thing every time.
This may fix itself in a day or two, be patient and wait and see.
twillis2181

Post by twillis2181 »

I am a primary president and I can't get into my tools app. I can sign in, but once I put in my password I get this message,
"Try another way to sign in. Two-step verification is an additional security feature for you chur h account." What it doesn't do is give me that second way to sign in. What can I do to fix that? I am able to sign in on the website with the two step verification, but not the app. Any advise will help.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

twillis2181 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:33 am I am a primary president and I can't get into my tools app. I can sign in, but once I put in my password I get this message,
"Try another way to sign in. Two-step verification is an additional security feature for you chur h account." What it doesn't do is give me that second way to sign in. What can I do to fix that? I am able to sign in on the website with the two step verification, but not the app. Any advise will help.
Please see this post by sbradshaw
It looks like all of the Church mobile apps only support text message, Okta Verify, and Google Authenticator two-step verification methods currently.
My guess is that you are using a 2FA that's not supported by the mobile apps. Note that was from a year ago. I don't know if it's changed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
punipuao10

Post by punipuao10 »

I updated my iOS and I can’t seem to get into tools also. It keeps saying cannot update. Then I tried on my laptop and it says site is not working.
colfusa

Post by colfusa »

It stopped working on my new iPhone 15, so I uninstalled and reinstalled. It didn't work until the third re-install when I decided to answer "yes" to the question about whether I would allow Member Tools to send me notifications. With notifications turned on, it now works.
freemanrs

Post by freemanrs »

Adding my issue to the growing list. My iPhone 12 Pro kept prompting me to update the app so I did but it kept failing so I decided to delete the app and redownload it and now after logging in it never completes updating and I'm unable to access anything. It's happening on my iPhone, iPad, and the Mac app (which I only just learned was a thing). The Church's software has been very buggy over the last 5 years or so which is disappointing. It used to be rock solid...
darcyray

Post by darcyray »

I had an issue with lds tools not up dating. Uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing. Eventually went to update and did a manual update. Seems to fine now.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”