Finding Lost Members Report

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Finding Lost Members Report

Post by jdlessley »

rdClark wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:14 am Is this Finding Lost Members Program still officially operating?
There has been no communication to the contrary. The LCR report and process is still active. There was no official announcement of the new procedures nor any training or documented help outside the Utah area. The only training found here was for the pilot program in Utah. Nothing else is available, over 19 months later.
rdClark wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:14 amWith the same steps to use before moving a "ghost" record back to Address Unknown in SLC?
The steps to follow are listed in the instructions at the top of the LCR Finding Lost Members report page. They have not changed since the new report rolled out.
rdClark wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:14 amAre there any new rules that have been added since, April 2023?
I assume you are referencing the previous posts in this thread that discussed procedures. To get a better picture of what is expected to be done and by whom then view the Utah training video and resources in the link above.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mcclinto

Post by mcclinto »

I'm an EQP in a ward using LCR. I can print a "mailing list" from "Reports > Member List", but I can't print a mailing list from within the "Reports > Finding Lost Members" option. Furthermore, the report generated does not show the "Last known address", so I'm having to spend hours manually cut-n-pasting from each person's "Member Information" link into an offline document that I can then print. It would be great if somehow there was an option in the "Members List" to choose "Lost Members" to print the mailing list. I understand these individuals are not presently counted in the ward metrics, but not having this functionality is causing several hours of tedious work...and it will have to be repeated often as this is a dynamic list.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

mcclinto wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:00 am I'm an EQP in a ward using LCR. I can print a "mailing list" from "Reports > Member List", but I can't print a mailing list from within the "Reports > Finding Lost Members" option. Furthermore, the report generated does not show the "Last known address", so I'm having to spend hours manually cut-n-pasting from each person's "Member Information" link into an offline document that I can then print. It would be great if somehow there was an option in the "Members List" to choose "Lost Members" to print the mailing list. I understand these individuals are not presently counted in the ward metrics, but not having this functionality is causing several hours of tedious work...and it will have to be repeated often as this is a dynamic list.
Before doing that, I would ask the clerk to try to print a mailing list. He may have access that you don't. Also, this functionality would be a good thing to suggest in feedback from LCR. Providing your business case for the report wouldn't hurt...
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

When an assistant ward clerk, membership, uses the 'Print' button in the Finding Lost Members report, the page shows the name, phone number, email address and date added to the list.
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

rmrichesjr wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:49 pm When an assistant ward clerk, membership, uses the 'Print' button in the Finding Lost Members report, the page shows the name, phone number, email address and date added to the list.
same for Ward Clerk
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

kd7mha wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:00 pm
rmrichesjr wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:49 pm When an assistant ward clerk, membership, uses the 'Print' button in the Finding Lost Members report, the page shows the name, phone number, email address and date added to the list.
same for Ward Clerk
I think mcclinto would like to get a address list for mailing. I'm no longer in a role to see that but can a clerk print mailing labels from the Finding Lost Members report?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

mcclinto wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:00 am I'm an EQP in a ward using LCR. I can print a "mailing list" from "Reports > Member List", but I can't print a mailing list from within the "Reports > Finding Lost Members" option.
Nobody can. That is a feature that would have to be requested through the feedback link in the footer of the page.

Before moving a member record the first time to 'address unknown' should involve mailing something to the member. Creating a mailing list when the record is in the unit, and before the first move to 'address unknown', is the best time to mail something. Note the instructions on the Finding Lost Members report gives the four steps to take before sending the record the second time to 'address unknown' and there is nothing mentioned in those steps involving mailing something to the last known address:
Please do the following before moving the records back to Church Headquarters:
  1. Seek to communicate using phone, email, social media channels, or other resources available to your area/community.
  2. Contact known family or friends of the member.
  3. Contact the occupant of the member's last known address.
  4. Obtain the Bishop's approval to return records to Church Headquarters.
Item 3 is intended to be a physical visit.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

And for what it's worth, the full time missionaries assigned to our ward loved to take on steps 2 and 3 (they had permission from their mission president to assist in this effort - your mileage may vary...).
rdClark

Post by rdClark »

Thank you for your help. I did send an email to church headquarters, but never got a reply back. So thank you again.

Return to “Membership Help”