Google Photos / missionary storage

Use this forum to share and discuss ideas that do not fall into a specific audiovisual media type.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Google Photos / missionary storage

Post by lajackson »

sarahpmerrill wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:27 am How do I go about freeing up space?
The Church is working with Google on the problem. At this point, there is nothing you can do except be patient.
Alysasandall

Post by Alysasandall »

My daughters missionary account photos says the exact same thing with 1677 TB of 100 TB used. She has only been using this account for 2 months and takes an average amount of photos.
cherisegraham

Post by cherisegraham »

Do we know any timeframe on when it will be resolved? It's been stuck for a week. (started on November 28)
hollan4150

Post by hollan4150 »

cherisegraham wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:27 pm Do we know any timeframe on when it will be resolved? It's been stuck for a week. (started on November 28)
What is the status of this issue?
jlawrence736

Post by jlawrence736 »

All my sons pictures have been moved to "trash" and will be deleted in 30 days because of this problem. He can't restore them because it says he's 1000 TB over his limit. Are we going to lose all of his pictures? Will this be resolved soon?
wiseephraim

Cannot retrieve photos

Post by wiseephraim »

I need a help,I am currently serving D.R.C Mbuji-Mayi Mission.The mission office came for our phones so to re-install new Maas360 for us and after I Iogged into my account so to get my photos back,many photos couldn't backup and my account storage too is full.What can I do to get my pictures back please?
Cmanrogers

Post by Cmanrogers »

This is a current missionary wide issue, that the Church and Google are working on. The storage will soon be back to normal.
Christian Rogers
richielloydbrown
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by richielloydbrown »

I'm so sorry for the confusion. We know this has been very disruptive for missionaries and their families, and we are doing everything possible to resolve it. I should have been more clear. Freeing up storage on your missionary's account, although a great thing to do normally, will not fix the problem. We are dealing with an issue affecting all accounts whether they use 0% or 100% of their individual storage amounts. The Church's vendor management office is working with Google to negotiate an increase in our organization's storage limits which will resolve things for all missionary users (who are below the 40 GB limit). Thanks for your patience and for your valiant attempts to fix this on your own. I'll provide an update early next week, if things aren't resolved sooner.
Richard Brown
Product Manager | Missionary Department
richielloydbrown
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by richielloydbrown »

The issue with Google storage is finally resolved! Thank you, thank you for your patience! Missionaries should be able to use their photos and drive as normal.

Note: Some missionaries are above the 30GB storage limit on their account. We are temporarily accommodating those who were above the 30 GB limit to avoid further disruption to our missionaries. However, we will eventually be returning to the 30GB limit for all. This deadline will be sometime in the early part of next year - date TBA. In the meantime, please encourage your missionaries to verify they are below the 30GB limit, or to reduce to below that limit as quickly as possible.

This article has recommendations for freeing up storage (note: it is only accessible to full-time missionaries): https://servicenow.churchofjesuschrist. ... =KB0105389

Again, thanks for your sacrifices and your patience during this time!
Richard Brown
Product Manager | Missionary Department
michlewis

Post by michlewis »

In today's world 30GB is insufficient space for storing 18 mos to 2 years worth of photos. My daughter has been out just 8 months and is over that limit. (This is my fourth missionary so I am not a newbie!) Certainly the church has resources to provide more storage for these important memories and records our missionaries have. I have heard of missionaries losing their photos at the end of their missions because of not understanding the exit protocols. This required ongoing procedure to empty their accounts only complicates it further. It is tragic and preventable! Surely a more secure and simpler solution is available that will provide ample storage for our missionaries' memories.

Return to “General Media Discussions”