How To: Edit / Change 'Your Temple'

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
mevans

Re: How To: Edit / Change 'Your Temple'

Post by mevans »

scgallafent wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:57 pm When you and your husband to My Home (https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/my- ... d?lang=eng), do you each see the same temple in the "My Temple" card?
Based on the original post from teresauhamilton4, I believe she was referring to this URL:
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/tem ... ppointment

You provided the URL of the dashboard page. Maybe you are trying to determine if the problem appears in more than one location? Based on my experiences with the Dashboard page, I wouldn't trust it. I have submitted more than one issue regarding that page to the church.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

mevans wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:25 am You provided the URL of the dashboard page. Maybe you are trying to determine if the problem appears in more than one location? Based on my experiences with the Dashboard page, I wouldn't trust it. I have submitted more than one issue regarding that page to the church.
I did that intentionally. We're trying to identify how the different systems are interacting.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I have an idea on why the husband and wife's temple would be different on the scheduling page:
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/tem ... ppointment

That page remembers the temple you selected. It behaves like it's stored in a cookie, so if you clear all the information, or use a private browsing session, I believe both people will see the same temple.

I've also seen behavior on the appointment page that after selecting a new temple, the picture of the previous temple was still displayed. I haven't worked on reproducing that yet.
aimazing

Post by aimazing »

I am in the Rexburg Idaho Temple district. Last week I was also able to schedule appointments with the Idaho Falls Temple (15 miles away) as well. Now, the Idaho Falls Temple is not searchable for me; I cannot schedule an appointment there. So weird when last week I was able to. Suggestions?
mevans

Post by mevans »

aimazing wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:22 pm I am in the Rexburg Idaho Temple district. Last week I was also able to schedule appointments with the Idaho Falls Temple (15 miles away) as well. Now, the Idaho Falls Temple is not searchable for me; I cannot schedule an appointment there. So weird when last week I was able to. Suggestions?
My only guess is that your ability to schedule at other temples has to do with the COVID-19 situation in the area. I've noticed that not all nearby temples allow me to schedule appointments. I know one temple where I haven't been able to schedule is in an area where the local government has more strict COVID-19 gathering restrictions, so that's my guess on why I can't schedule that temple. Nothing official, though...just a guess.
adamalhinton

Post by adamalhinton »

Our stake got approval for the wards and branches in our stake to have different temples. Our stake used to be assigned to the St. Louis temple but one of our branches is much closer to a temple in another state and since 3 wards are closer to the bentonville temple we now have those 3 wards assigned to the bentonville temple. However, the default temple is still set to st. Louis on tools. I thought that there was a way for the stake to update that, but a member of the stake presidency says they found that the ward has to change that somehow. However, no-one seems to know how to do that.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

adamalhinton wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:35 am However, no-one seems to know how to do that.
The last time I ran into this situation the Church updated the assigned temple, and they set the entire stake for the temple to which most units were assigned. CDOL showed multiple assigned temples, but did not specify which ward was assigned to each one. Since an entire stake is normally assigned to a temple, I am not sure they even have the capability to specify that an individual ward is assigned to a different specific temple. They just assign the stake to multiple temples.

Unless something has changed, you may need to change your temple assignment each time you make a reservation or look for other information at the temple site, and Member Tools will still pick up the stake default temple assignment. I do not believe there is anything the ward is able to do to change it, and I am pretty certain the stake does not control the settings.

You might try sending Feedback through the Member Tools app and see if you get a different response. Be sure to mention that your stake is assigned to multiple temples.

Return to “Main Church Website”