Magazine subscriptions

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Magazine subscriptions

Post by jdlessley »

What is described by llowder is only available to units in the areas where the no-cost magazine subscriptions have been rolled out to.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lhippen

Post by lhippen »

llowder wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:25 pm The process has been updated.
I have a question similar to BrianEdwards. I don't see anything under Reports that will let me help a member get a subscription set up. There is an elderly member of our ward that asked me to help her. She says she doesn't have an online account. The magazine subscription FAQ under "What is the role of unit leaders?" says, "If a member needs help subscribing to the print magazine, a leader can help by subscribing on behalf of a member in their unit, at their request, using Leader and Clerk Resources." But for all my searching, I cannot figure out how to do this. Can anyone help me out?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lhippen wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:45 am I have a question similar to BrianEdwards. I don't see anything under Reports that will let me help a member get a subscription set up.
Do you know if the free subscriptions are available in your area yet? What happens if you go to magazinesubscriptions.churchofjesuschrist.org? Are you able to sign up for one yourself?

In North America, only the "North America West" area has it. The rest will need to wait until February 1, 2024.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lhippen

Post by lhippen »

russellhltn wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:55 am In North America, only the "North America West" area has it. The rest will need to wait until February 1, 2024.
Thank you, russellhltn. I am in North America Central. I had missed that this wasn't in my area yet. I will try again in February.
jchau

Post by jchau »

After February 1, 2024, I logged into LCR and looked under the "Reports" menu, but do not see an option for "Magazine Subscription".

Which Callings/Roles have access to this feature?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

It is listed for me, as a clerk, and for our bishopric. I have not checked with any of our organization presidencies to see if they have gained access. At some time the access table will be updated for this. But for now it is not listed there.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

We have had access to the Magazine Subscription service, since late last year. However I have yet to successfully place a subscription for anyone! You can select a member and the appropriate magazine, press Submit and nothing happens 🫤
I have submitted Feedback from which I got a request for more information. Since then no result or update forthcoming. Saturday just gone still the same issue.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I just tried that approach, and was able to successfully subscribe a member family to both the Liahona and FSY magazines (in Spanish, no less). And the corresponding info does show up on the "Magazine Subscriptions" page with the list of members.

Not much help for your case, I know, but at least this is one data point showing "it works for me" ;)
clh73

Post by clh73 »

I wish to renew my Liahona Magazine subscription.
[Personal information removed. This is a public forum.]
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

clh73 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:10 pm I wish to renew my Liahona Magazine subscription.
Go to this church magazine site. Subscriptions are now available for most members at no charge.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”