Address show in wrong location on map.

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Address show in wrong location on map.

Post by russellhltn »

You could try changing the address for one person and see how it fixes it. That would get you an answer with minimal effort.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
greggo

Post by greggo »

Still an issue here - I'm assuming it's churchwide.

It's not only a problem for those moving into the ward but also for records that are already in the ward and just move to a different address within the ward.
And unlike those moving in, there isn't a report in LCR to let you know when a within-ward move is made.
Also, I just realized this... it appears that those who are out-of-unit members (like we have in our YSA Branch), the addresses don't get mapped at all.

However, it's a fairly easy fix when you find the pin doesn't match the address. Just click on the pin, choose "Change Location," select and copy the address text, click "Enter an Address" and paste the text in the search field, choose the most accurate address in the dropdown list, and click the Save button.

By the way, I have assumed that members can correct their own pins themselves. Can anyone verify this?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

greggo wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:38 pm By the way, I have assumed that members can correct their own pins themselves. Can anyone verify this?
Yes, I'm not in a bishopric and not a secretary or clerk, but I'm able to change the location of my own pin on the Ward Directory and Map tool.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

greggo wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:38 pm Still an issue here - I'm assuming it's churchwide.

It's not only a problem for those moving into the ward but also for records that are already in the ward and just move to a different address within the ward.
And unlike those moving in, there isn't a report in LCR to let you know when a within-ward move is made.
Also, I just realized this... it appears that those who are out-of-unit members (like we have in our YSA Branch), the addresses don't get mapped at all.

However, it's a fairly easy fix when you find the pin doesn't match the address. Just click on the pin, choose "Change Location," select and copy the address text, click "Enter an Address" and paste the text in the search field, choose the most accurate address in the dropdown list, and click the Save button.

By the way, I have assumed that members can correct their own pins themselves. Can anyone verify this?
Is it a problem for new moves? The old ones (from the time period where the bug was in place haven't automatically moved) but as far as I know (and can see from my ward) current moves are working correctly.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”