Gospel Library App Suggestions

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
myriama

Re: Gospel Library App Suggestions

Post by myriama »

Some translation mistakes are in the new preach my gospel in the Finnish language! For the invitations, instead of using the direct "will you" translation, it has been translated as "can you" or "do you want to" for many of the invitations in chapter 3! It would be a great blessing for the missionaries to have the correct translations!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

myriama wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:46 am Some translation mistakes are in the new preach my gospel in the Finnish language! For the invitations, instead of using the direct "will you" translation, it has been translated as "can you" or "do you want to" for many of the invitations in chapter 3! It would be a great blessing for the missionaries to have the correct translations!
Use the feedback link found at the bottom of the web page for the online Gospel Library or the Help > Send Feedback feature in the mobile app to get this information to the responsible people for such issues. It is unlikely your post in the forum will be seen by those same people since the forum is primarily user-to-user discussion and self help with others just like you.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
CCMaxwell

Post by CCMaxwell »

The ability to split the screen so you can have 2 different scriptures or other books open at the same time would assist with studying.
Thank you
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

CCMaxwell wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:46 pm The ability to split the screen so you can have 2 different scriptures or other books open at the same time would assist with studying.
Thank you
It is unlikely any decision maker who can consider your input will see your post in the forum. The forum is not official feedback. It is user-to-user discussion and support. Follow the instructions in my post just before your post to submit feedback.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
kscottlignell

Post by kscottlignell »

How awesome would it be if you could view a history of scriptures you've marked and easily jump to things you recently discovered, so you can share inspiration with others.
caillines

Post by caillines »

kscottlignell wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:01 am How awesome would it be if you could view a history of scriptures you've marked and easily jump to things you recently discovered, so you can share inspiration with others.
Marked scriptures can be viewed by clicking on the "annotations" link on the homepage of Gospel Library.
holliejollie1227

Post by holliejollie1227 »

I think it would be wonderful to add a widget where users can add their own highlighted passages, something they are pondering, or a scripture/quote they are trying to memorize. This would make it available on lock or Home Screen and be able to increase exposure.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

holliejollie1227 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:36 am I think it would be wonderful to add a widget where users can add their own highlighted passages, something they are pondering, or a scripture/quote they are trying to memorize. This would make it available on lock or Home Screen and be able to increase exposure.
You will need to send that suggestion through the in-app Send Feedback feature found in the Help menu. This thread only discusses the app suggestions. No one with decision authority will likely see this post or even this thread since there is no indication that they visit the forum.
JD Lessley
aaronjpoe

Post by aaronjpoe »

Please, please, please, have the app automatically save notes while you type them. It does this through the web browser. But does not when you use the app on a phone. I do not know how many times I have been writing a long note on a verse of scriptures, only to have my note close when I switch apps, etc, and lose everything because the note didn't autosave. Please have it automatically save regularly!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

aaronjpoe wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:48 am Please, please, please, have the app automatically save notes while you type them. It does this through the web browser. But does not when you use the app on a phone. I do not know how many times I have been writing a long note on a verse of scriptures, only to have my note close when I switch apps, etc, and lose everything because the note didn't autosave. Please have it automatically save regularly!
The iOS version of Gospel Library does save notes automatically every few seconds. Are you on Android? If you send it in as a feature request through the app (Help > Send Feedback), it will get aggregated into a report with other feature requests that the Gospel Library product manager reviews regularly.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Gospel Library”