Video support for Wii or PS3

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.

Video support for Wii or PS3

#1Postby JoeyBainbridge-p40 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:26 pm

I love the fact that I can now watch conference from home by just getting on the internet. I don't care for having to hook the computer up to the TV, it's just a hassle. We, like many other families, have a wii/PS3 sitting under the TV that's connected 24/7. They both have a wireless access capability, yet the conference format from LDS.org or BYUTV doesn't work on either system. It just seems like it would be much easier to watch conference if I didn't have to hook up any extra stuff.

On top of my laziness there is the fact that my wife doesn't know how to hook up the computer, though I have shown her, it is still difficult, and my mom can barely figure out how to turn one on. Adding that support would encourage more people to watch.
JoeyBainbridge-p40

#2Postby rmrichesjr » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:33 pm

What file/stream formats will work with those systems? What else needs to be provided for those systems?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

#3Postby russellhltn » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:01 pm

Does X-Box support anything like that?

I think the real answer is to look at where IPTV is headed and see if it's time to jump onboard.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Return to Ideas & Suggestions