Where is Ward Conference Report stored?

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Where is Ward Conference Report stored?

Post by scgallafent »

I email myself a copy the day of ward conference. Since we typically have our ward conference in January, that keeps it somewhere I can find it when I need it twelve months later.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

scgallafent wrote:I email myself a copy the day of ward conference. Since we typically have our ward conference in January, that keeps it somewhere I can find it when I need it twelve months later.
Absolutely. I always suggest they save a PDF copy of it (after it has been updated by the bishopric just before Sacrament Meeting).
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

LOL. When I was Ward Clerk, I always printed 3 copies:
One for the Stake President, one for the High Counselor, one for the Ward Files (expecting to never see the stake copies again).
The stake usually gave us back one or both copies and told us to submit it with our Annual History.

I told the bishop where I filed it if he wanted to see it. I also advised him that if he lost the ward copy, it was on him...
gkdyer

Post by gkdyer »

The new guidelines in 2023 / 2024 for Ward History indicate that the person preparing the ward officers sustained must have each and every person's permission to include it in the history.

I am assuming since this is such a difficult thing to do, and there is not a permission slip to prove it, that placing the Ward people sustained in the Ward history should no longer be done?
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

gkdyer wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:43 am The new guidelines in 2023 / 2024 for Ward History indicate that the person preparing the ward officers sustained must have each and every person's permission to include it in the history.

I am assuming since this is such a difficult thing to do, and there is not a permission slip to prove it, that placing the Ward people sustained in the Ward history should no longer be done?
Link or citation please.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

gkdyer wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:43 am The new guidelines in 2023 / 2024 for Ward History indicate that the person preparing the ward officers sustained must have each and every person's permission to include it in the history.

The What Should I Leave Out? section of the Creating Stories page of the Unit History quick start guide states "The Unit History tool is not intended to store meeting minutes, quarterly reports, or similar records." But then again, the sustaining of unit officers could be a historical event for the unit and the reading of the Officers Sustained report during the unit conference a part of that event. In that same reference the second paragraph first sentence states; "Stories should not include someone’s personal information without that individual’s permission." It then goes on to list the types of personal information. Names with callings does not appear on that list.

Temper all this in consideration of local privacy laws to determine whether or not to include the officers sustained report information. The third paragraph of the same reference as above states; "Data privacy laws in many countries forbid using identifiable information of individuals (including their names) without first obtaining their consent." How that consent is obtained, I assume, would be part of your country privacy laws. Since I am not a lawyer, you should seek advice from competent legal authority.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

At a macro level, the officers sustained report seems similar to other large-scale stories that are mentioned in the FAQ. Indeed, the FAQ encourages us to tag people to connect them to stories, when the members are part of a story for a "large organization". So there's two aspects to this: whether it's legally correct to include a name and associated church calling in a story, and then how to get permission from each member.

As stated, each country has unique laws governing this, so it's difficult to make any blanket statements beyond the fact that "names and callings" are not specifically mentioned in the FAQ as being "personal information". And if it's okay to include in your country, the manner for obtaining consent from each member included in the officers sustained report, would be exactly the same process as obtaining consent for tagging lots of members in a story for a "large organization".

Return to “Reports and Forms”